Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation, or increasing breast size through the use of breast implants, is a surgical procedure designed to increase the size and enhance the shape of a woman's breasts.
There are many reasons women seek breast augmentation:
- you feel insecure about the size of your breasts and wish they were larger
- clothes that fit snugly around your hips and waist are often loose at the bustline
- you feel self-conscious wearing a form fitting top or bathing suit
- one of your breasts is noticeably smaller than the other
- your breasts have lost their shape and firmness after having children
- weight loss has changed the size and shape of your breasts
If you identify with one or more of the above statements, you may be a good candidate for breast augmentation.
However, you might not be a good candidate for breast implants if you:
- are a teenager
- are being pressured by others to have breast augmentation
- are in poor physical health
- have unrealistic expectations about what breast implants will do
Many women who have undergone breast augmentation describe getting breast implants as a decision that profoundly and beneficially affected their self-esteem, physical appearance, and social life. If you have decided that you want breast augmentation or have more questions, schedule a consultation with your doctor. The decision to get breast implants is very personal, and it's one that only you and your doctor can make.