Build Your Career with Confidence
Business Intelligence Engineer
We are seeking a highly skilled individual to develop and support our BI platform, empowering business users to self-serve reporting and analysis. We’re a small, fast-moving team and this is a rare opportunity to make a real, immediate impact on a fast-growing business.
- Own the development and ongoing support of the reporting platform (we currently use Looker).
- Partner with business owners to identify enhancement opportunities for our BI product.
- Collaborate with analysts to develop requirements and work with data engineers to implement solutions aligned with team design tenets.
- Provide training and drive adoption of the BI platform.
- Troubleshoot discrepancies in the data presented, including those that are the result of underlying ETL processes.
Qualifications and Qualities
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical or BI engineering role. E-commerce or online experience desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Math, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics)
- Learn quickly, navigate through ambiguity, and demonstrate logical and structured thinking.
- Effortlessly translate between business and technical speak
- Expert-level SQL required, along with experience describing data relationships and defining dimensions and measures
- Python experience desirable; ability and willingness to learn required.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics or other web analytics tools desirable.
RealSelf is the largest online destination to get informed about elective cosmetic procedures and to find the right doctor or clinic. More than 9 million people visit RealSelf each month to find out which treatments and providers live up to their promise of being "Worth It." RealSelf is powered by unbiased experiences shared by consumers for hundreds of treatments, ranging from simple skincare to highly considered cosmetic surgery. Offering millions of photos and medical expert answers, RealSelf has become the essential resource and service for those seeking to find the right local provider.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you. If it sounds a bit outside of your wheelhouse, we encourage you to apply. We are a growing company and we are always on the lookout for great candidates for all of our teams. Please click “Apply Now” to submit a cover letter and resume.