- RealSelf Reveals 2012 Hottest Trends in Plastic Surgery
RealSelf Reveals 2012 Hottest Trends in Plastic Surgery:
Brazilian Butt Lift and Cellulite Laser Lead the Way
SEATTLE – Dec. 14, 2012 – RealSelf.com, the world’s largest consumer review and information site for plastic surgery, today revealed the top plastic surgery treatments for 2012 based on data analysis of nearly 52 million searches performed on its site throughout the year.
"Butts are on the rise, no pun intended. Our community told us very emphatically this year that their interest and obsession with getting a fuller, more voluptuous butt is at an all-time high," said Alicia Nakamoto, VP of Community at RealSelf. “Along with the other treatments on our 2012 list, our audience's interest doesn't just convey curiosity -- it's about intent, action and feeling confident."
2012 Breakout Procedures
What were the biggest treatments on the rise in 2012?
- Cellulaze™ (search interest up 32%) – granted FDA approval in 2011, Cellulaze is a laser-based treatment to fight cellulite. The treatment, which received more than 1.25 million searches on the site this year, scores an 82% Worth It Rating (meaning more than eight out of ten would do it again), and costs an average of $5,500, according to RealSelf.com’s community reviewers.
- Butt augmentation (search interest up 28%) – butt augmentations topped last year’s list with 39% year-over-year growth, and continued to see gains this year. The most popular type of butt augmentation is the Brazilian Butt Lift, which takes fat from unwanted areas of the body and injects it into the buttocks to improve contour and add volume. The “BBL” scores a 92% Worth It Rating from RealSelf reviewers, with an average cost of $7,700.
- Labiaplasty (search interest up 22%) – this procedure involves surgically altering the labia, most commonly removing excess tissue to decrease or even out the appearance, for either cosmetic, hygienic and medical reasons. Labiaplasty has a 74% Worth It Rating and costs an average of $3,050.
2012 Most Searched for Procedures
In addition to search spikes, RealSelf also analyzed those treatments the public was most interested in, based on sheer search volume. The top 10 treatments were:
- Tummy tuck
- Breast implants
- Breast augmentations
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- CoolSculpting® (a non-invasive liposuction treatment)
- Breast reduction
To learn more about any of the 250 cosmetic procedures listed on RealSelf.com – including before and after images, treatment overviews, Worth It Ratings, average costs and even questions and answers with board-certified physicians – visit www.realself.com/reviews.
RealSelf is the leading consumer resource within the $30B medical-beauty industry, which represents everything from elective cosmetic surgery to obesity management to cosmetic dentistry. RealSelf takes the "whisper conversations" associated with these interests and has built a roaring online conversation that helps people discover what’s worth it, and what’s not. More than 4,000 board-certified doctors and medical specialists also contribute to RealSelf, lending their expertise to answer questions and to offer opinions. Learn more at www.realself.com.
# # #
Editor’s Note: RealSelf.com can provide vast data analytics by specific treatments and geographical regions for your reporting purposes. To request data please email email@example.com.
Duo PR, for RealSelf
206-838-4952 | firstname.lastname@example.org