Breast Augmentation Details
Breast Augmentation can be achieved with:
- Breast Implants (augmentation mammoplasty) offers many choices of implant type (saline vs silicone), location of incisions, and placement of implants above or below the muscle.
- Breast Lift (mastopexy) is best for patients with sagging breasts and can be combined with an implant.
- Fat injection has recently been viewed as an option, yet concerns with interpreting mammograms, as well as the consistency of the results and problems with sufficient tissue in thin patients, limit the applicability of this procedure.
Options for non-surgical breast augmentation include:
- Hormone pills, supplements, creams
- Brava Breast Enhancement system
- Breast augmentation via fat injection
- Enhancing garments, such as bras or inserts
However, doctors typically don't stand behind the efficacy of non-surgical breast enlargement. Physicians on RealSelf maintain that surgical augmentation remains the mainstay of breast enlargement by providing reliable, predictable, relatively consistent and substantial breast enhancement.
You might like: