Worth It but Read This for Help!

Experience was good. But no home-care kit provided...

Experience was good. But no home-care kit provided.

Here are a few thoughts:

1. As a medical professional I can say its a really bad idea to take any kind of NSAID or pain reliever BEFORE the procedure. I will explain why below.

2. Be vocal talk to your dentist make them work for their money. (ok just kidding but do give feedback)

3. Do go for the finish-line.

Ok so here are the details:

1. Don't take NSAIDs because they decrease sensitivity to pain so you don't know something is going wrong until its too late. Pain is a feedback mechanism designed to tell you when something is wrong. use it!

2. Be vocal, I had my dentist stop the procedure several times when i felt "bubbling" or tingling from the peroxide on my gums. or even felt the gel touching the gum. I got away with just 1 very very slight burn, read the horror stories others have had who didn't realize stuff until it was too late.

3. Don't go for the end. As with many items, and unlike antibiotics, this is not a "course" you need to finish. The way the whitening works is its 2-3 shades lighter the first quartile, 1-2 shades the second and then 1 shade the last two times. I stopped after 3rd quartile of 15 mins. I am about 5 shades "whiter" and its good enough with minimal zingers and discomfort (2 hours after, I still haven't taken an NSAID).

In my personal opinion, the last 15 minutes gets you only a tad "whiter" but it can cause significant sensitivity and burns. to me it just wasn't worth it.

Sorry for point 3 i meant DON'T go for the finish...

sorry for point 3 i meant DON'T go for the finish line.
Boyd

No after-care kit provided.