Rhinoplasty Aboard in México

Hello! Like many of you on this website I have...

Hello! Like many of you on this website I have always had issues with my nose and been insecure about it, the big bump, over-projected and also crooked. I have decided that I want to travel to Guadalajara, México. I found this DR. on the internet and really liked his before and after pictures so I contacted him and was very nice and professional. He is an ENT doctor with many years of experience and I'm sure this is what I want to do, also I would have the opportunity to explore Guadalajara which looks like a beautiful city.

I couldn't find any reviews on Dr. Andrade, or ratings. I am really nervous and scared, although I will be traveling in about 3 weeks. Any ideas on what I should ask him next time I contact him? Please feel free to message me.

feeling anxious

Another before photo, witch nose I will not miss yaa!

tomorrow will be two weeks

Wish I could've taken more before photos

love my new nose!

closed rhinoplasty

Had closed rhinoplasty, no scar yay:)

everything went great

I have always been a risk taker! Lol

when i had my first consultation with my doctor on March 21st I felt like he was the one that I wanted working on my nose, mainly because I knew he is all about natural results and I've heard plenty of times "better to be underdone than overdone". He was very knowledgeable and took his time to answer questions and explained procedure, didn't feel rushed. He prescribed pain killers and antibiotics, also got pills for congestion and nasal sprays.

The next day would be surgery date March 22nd, I showed up a few minutes before 7:00 with no make-up no nail polish and started signing papers. I then walked walked into OR and got the hospital gown on, I was feeling very anxious and somewhat nervous because I was getting LOCAL ANESTHESIA + LOCAL SEDATION but within minutes I fell asleep! didn't hear or see a thing , surgery took two hours and a half and then I woke up... did not experienced any pain at all, I must say I felt fine but I can't remember much. We took a taxi to our hotel and right when we got there i had the urge to throw up (and I did) went to bed and took a nap. Had some swelling around my eyes and yellow bruising under my eyes, the yellow bruising was gone now but I still have very little purple marks on my eyelids.

I went back to work on Thursday and still wear my tape, only a couple co-workers knew about my surgery but I feel totally fine letting them know I did this ( to the rest), of course there has been questions of "why?, you didn't need it" but i feel happy and I know it'll just keep getting better!. This update is very unorganized Lol because I'm still planning on adding my recovery photos from day 1 and so on but just wanted to do a "quick" review and share a piece of my experience.

oops...

Local anesthesia + sedation*
sorry.

No more shyness :)

Amazing how having this procedure done made me a happier person. I feel so confident, I can just talk to anyone without worrying if they're looking at my nose. Nose keeps changing everyday but skin is not as oily as the first few weeks, smile is almost all the way but still feels weird because tip and columella are still swollen.

Overall I'm really happy with my decision, I don't obsessed over this as much as I did first weeks, I can say that it feels like I was born with this nose so somedays I forget I had a nosejob.

Still haven't wear my glasses, I'm scared it might alter the results so I will wait until swelling is completely gone:).
Dr. Enrique Andrade Andrade

So far he has been great! Will update after surgery. Just what I expected, don't have anything bad to say about Dr. his staff was also very professional and nurses were so nice!

Wow, great job. I wasn't aware this could be acomplished through closed rhinoplasty. Both hump removal and looks like rotation. Mexico does seem to have some good surgeons.
How's your recovery going? Your nose looks great so far:)
It's going great! thank you for asking:) I'm back to normal activities, I still have a little bit of bruising on my eyelids but that can be easily covered with concealer. I thought this was going to be a more difficult recovery and prepared myself for it but thank god it wasn't. I am being very careful to not get hit and constantly cleaning with hydrogen peroxide to prevent scabs or crust, then after that I use saline spray... I can breath better:) thank you I'm really happy I did it:)
I would be very, very, very cautious ENT doctor is TOTALLY different than surgeon, and the qualifications for doing surgery in some countries are far less than they are in the US. I would obviously look for someone who specialized in rhinoplasty for many, many years instead. There are things to save money but I don't think plastic surgery is one of them. Be careful!
Hi, As you can tell I suck at explain things. I did this review very quick and thought " oh I'll fix it once I'm closer to the date haha". Ok, this doctor is an otolaryngologist and facil plastic surgeon, he has 20+ experience and I have done extensive research on him and I'm am not worried. There are doctors just as good in Mexico than the ones here, this doctor has even performed great nose revisions and hey that really tells me alot. But I will update my review and write more information down one I get there, just about 14 more days.
And I also make alot of typos haha sorry. But thank you, I will be careful.
I agree with Zooster that you need to be very, very careful here. Rhinoplasty is a difficult, intricate procedure and you want to know exactly what you're getting yourself into. Here's a list of questions that your doctor should be able to answer to your satisfaction. Please keep us updated.
I would be very careful if the surgeon doesn't have any reviews and you don't know any of his patients to talk to. Just by looking at before and after is not enough, it doesn't mean your results will be the same. All doctors at the beginning are nice because they want your money!! Good luck.
Hello zooster, Thank you for your comment, I found only two very positive comments on his profile in doctoralia dot com. I watched all of his videos on YouTube, checked his credentials and everything, he has alot of experience as an ENT. I've done my research and he is located in one of the best hospitals in Guadalajara, I couldn't find any pages like RealSelf in Mexico for people to share their stories, so I guess that's why nobody bothers. I talked to the coordinator today and I will be arriving March 20! I'm so excited! But if I don't feel safe or I get a bad feeling I will not go through it, I will be very careful. Thank you zooster.
That sounds like a good plan. Good luck. I look forward to reading your updates. My revision is on March 25 and I'm getting excited and nervous!