Should I Do It....Im Getting Mixed Reviews! - Youngstown, OH

Im 30 years old and have suffered with facial hair...

Im 30 years old and have suffered with facial hair since i was a teenager.....dark coarse hair in side burn region and fine dark hair under my cheekbone region. I have been threading for quite some time now ...which is painful and results only last about 4-5 weeks...the past month Ive been exploring laser facial hair removal....and I keep hearing mixed reviews...I am medium complexion and as i said the hair is dark...which i heard is good, but i dont want the laser to affect my skin pigmintation....Help me please....what should i do?

You should do electrolysis for that. Fine hair is not good for laser, and while coarse side burn hair is a good choice for laser, since you'd already be getter elec for under cheekbones. When you look for an electrologist, take time with your search, it is HARD to find a good electrolgist. ime most are not very good. Look up all reviews and find the best you can afford.
Check out http://www.realself.com/forum/laser-hair-removal-electrolysis treatment on the face is discussed on here.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Have you spoken to some Laser Hair Removal providers? I have heard that dark hair is better for this procedure. It would be best to have consultations with several different providers, get their opinions and ask any questions you have.

If you have any general questions, you can always ask a doctor here. We have board certified doctors who give their time to answer questions and help the community.

Please do keep us updated with your progress!

Well, after 2 months of research I decided to have...

Well, after 2 months of research I decided to have the laser treatment done. I had my first treatment yesterday and it actually went very well. They used the cutera laser and started it on a lower setting because of my complexion. It didnt hurt much at all 1-10 id say the pain was like a 3...threading hurts more...most sensitive area was the upper lip...so i cant wait to see whats going to happen ...i go for my next treatment in 5 weeks...i hope it all works out!

Thanks for the comment, my doctor said it should treat the fine hair too....its dark which i guess is the main thing and its thicker than peach fuzz...so hopefully it'll work.
Dr. Richard Michael's

Ive gotten other treatments there.