Jowl and Jawline Sculpting - 41 Year Old - New York, NY

I am a 41 year old woman who has been troubled by...

I am a 41 year old woman who has been troubled by sagging facial skin for the last few years. After having a child at 38 and soon thereafter turning 40 (a time when most women start to see facial skin laxity) I started to notice my face appear longer, my cheekbones less pronounced and overall sense that my "face was falling." I am on the thinner side which makes this change all the more noticeable. My biggest concern were the jowls and loose jawline I now had that made me look tired and much older than I was. I also had a small pocket of loose skin under my chin that hung down from my rather skinny face.

I went to see Dr. Misbah Khan and explained my concern about the pouch of skin under my chin. She explained that the "pouch" was actually a fat pocket, as was the case with the jowls and jawline sagging - fat that had once been higher on the face but had moved as it happens with age. I asked Dr. Khan if I should get a neck lift to which she immediately replied, "no, you don't need a lift; you will look too pulled." It is not often you hear a surgeon discourage you from having any kind of surgery. Dr. Khan's reply gave me further confidence that I had chosen the right doctor. I explained that I wanted a procedure that would give me subtle results but didn't know how we could achieve tightening of the jawline and removing jowls without compensating with fillers or using tightening lasers which are very painful and don't guarantee results. Dr. Khan suggested she could sculpt the jawline by using a liposuction procedure using very fine instruments. She inserted small cannula just below the chin and would remove a very small amount of fat concentrated in the jawline, remove the "pouch" and jowls. Dr. Khan also performed fraxel laser in the neck and chin area after the procedure to further help with tightening.

Dr. Khan performed this procedure with the utmost precision and took her time to make sure the jawline looked absolutely perfect. There was minor discomfort throughout the procedure. I felt I could go back to work in about three days. My lower face was a bit swollen for about one to two weeks but only I could tell that it was swollen. I cannot express enough how much this procedure has changed my appearance in a subtle way, yet can easily say it has taken 10 years off my face. I look refreshed, not pulled. And most importantly, I look like myself. My face looks like it did at 30! There isn't a person in my life who hasn't said, "You look great, what do you do to stay looking so young?" or "Have you lost weight?" Even my mother who can be rather overly critical said, "You are looking younger and younger." My husband who was not exactly supportive that I have anything done to my face has recently said, "You look beautiful; I really see a difference."

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Misbah Khan. She cares about her patients and is the only doctor I have ever conversed with about surgery and all anti-aging procedures who takes her time to explain things fully. When I am in her office I feel like I am her only patient. She is always available by phone or email and I feel comfortable contacting her at any time. After the procedure, Dr. Khan emailed me frequently to ask how I was feeling. Dr. Khan is a brilliant as well as thoughtful doctor and I would never, ever trust any other doctor with my face!!
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Khan is excellent in every aspect!

Thanks so much for sharing.  Do you have any before and after pics?