Tummy Tuck to Permanently Repair Umbilical Hernia After Kids - Yonkers, NY

27 yr old mother of 2 and after 2nd pregnancy I...

27 yr old mother of 2 and after 2nd pregnancy I had umbilical hernia repaired but my abdominal muscles are too far apart so hernia returned. This TT will not only reduce the sagging, and bulge that I have but it will allow the dr to tighten the abdominal muscles so that the hernia will not return and eliminate stretch marks. Yay!
I too am having a TT to correct a 10 yr old Seroma/scar tissue fro a umbilical hernia repair plus some loose skin.

Pre op appt today

I went to meet with dr today and picked up my prescription he re explained everything to me n hubby and I am excited! I also was measured for my pressure garment waist 31 hips 39 so I can't wait to see the waist number go down 6wks post op!
Yes it's the only way to permanently prevent umbilical hernia from reoccurring

Pics b4

I have an umbilical hernia and debated about whether to just have it repaired with mesh or to correct the muscles. I decided I was uncomfortable leaving the muscles as-is, so I scheduled a tt for April 1. Looking forward to following your results! Good luck!
Thanks I had it repaired and it came right back smh

Counting down to Surgery on Wednesday!

Supplies so far Colace, Senna, Vit C, Vit E, Zinc, Tylenol Extra Strength, Percocets, Female Urinal, Paper Tape, Gauze, Pads, Normal Saline, Gloves....Mani, Pedi and hair will be done tomorrow morning. I am so excited! I also brought seasoned chicken breast, fruits and vegetables, bottled water, allergy medicine snacks and movies for the kids to keep them busy...

Last day at work b4 surgery

So today at work 2 of my co workers asked me if I was pregnant:{ Ugh! I can't wait to be on the flat side Wednesday can't come quick enough! Tomorrow I will go to the supermarket and stock up for hubby and the kids...

Question

Does it make a difference if you shave pubic area b4 TT? If you did or didnt what were the pro's and cons?
Good luck!!!! You will soon be on the flat side!!!
Good luck!!!!! I am 4 days after u :)
Good luck to u too! Tomorrow is the day for me so excited!

Made it to the flat side!

Yesterday was crazy woke up from anesthesia blood pressure was low for a while they gave me extra iv fluids then I had to use the bathroom. They wheeled me to the car but I had to pee again so back to the bathroom I went the nurse was a lil annoyed lol then on the way home I had to pee in the car and before I went in my house I had to pee again smh so far the pain has been manageable with extra strength Tylenol I will post pics soon...
Exciting! Can't wait to see pictures. Impressive that you only need Tylenol. Wishing you happy healing!

Feeling very tight

So far so good eating soup n crackers for now and lots of water thank god for the female urinal I brought because my toilet seat is way too low my mom n hubby have been so helpful cough drops came in handy when my throat got so dry around 1 am this morning I'm still taking Tylenol every 4-6 hrs I walk around my room every time I pee and its really tight and tiring I can't take binder of until I see the dr on the 20th

Binder and Drain

Congrats! Happy healing to you!
I bet u r excited to see what's underneath the binder!! Happy healing :)
Yes I'm so curious the wait is bitter sweet

Recovering swiftly

Today I was able to eat, wash up, walk around, empty my drain twice and sit at the dining room table and on the toilet I'm so excited I can walk a little further without my back feeling like its gonna fall out...I'm taking less Tylenol I'm on my second 24 pack of water bottles no bowel movement yet but lots if farting lol
Yaaaa u made it to the flat side. Reading your post i had to chuckle because i get asked if I'm pregnant by random strangers. Actually they just ask when the baby due.ugh i know the struggle. Happy healing love
Thanks lol
Congrats! 3 days out and seem to be able to do a lot. That's awesome!

Feeling lighter

Took a load off finally...had a bowel movement and it was challenging so much soft straining for just a lil poop lol but I got it out after 30 min. My menstrual also came down with it smh but still I feel great I haven't had Tylenol in over 12 hrs so I think I'm doing great the drain gets 20-30cc every 12 hrs so that's awesome too
Good for you doing so well. Take psyllium powder mixed in 8oz of flavored liquid and drink down fast. Perfect BM's daily.
Thanks but idk if hubby will go buy it for me he is becoming a lil impatient wit me lol

Post op day 5 already

Had another bowel movement this am... I sneezed this morning and laughed I felt the whole abdominal area tighten into a cramp it stayed that way and loosened up after 15 minutes its so painful smh other than that no pain jus a little discomfort I haven't taken any Tylenol at all since day 3 post op so I'm happy about that. I'm feeling itchy under this binder can't wait to get it off and shower n moisturize my skin :)
Congrats on making it to the flat side!!! Looks like your feeling and healing great... Thats awesome! My binder is super itchy as well and i wont be able to see whats under it until Thursday :-/ happy continued healing to you!
Yay I can't wait to post pics on Thursday and to c urs too
Ahhhh yes sneezing is the worst!!!

Itchy!

I am so itchy I can't wait to take this binder off and have drain removed on Thursday! I am walking way better and getting up easier from bed and couch I just can't wait to b able to stretch.
I just undo my binder a couple times a day and scratch...it feels soooo good! Lol. And then I'll rub some Benadryl cream on my tummy, but NOT near my incision. ;)

Binder and drain off today

Follow up appt with PS today went well the drain removal was pain less and fast the stitches were removed from my belly button and I was took my first look and it was amazing! I was given a compression garment I went home took a shower and washed my hair and put it on and whoa it's tight I just hope it's not cutting off my circulation so that my incision can continue heeling... Any advice on how to determine if its too tight?

1st look

You look amazing, looking forward to more pics! :)
We have the exact same garment no wonder why they itch the same lol
Lol. My doc said I don't need to wear it anymore, thank goodness!! Hope your itching stops soon! ;)

Healing well so far!

So I haven't been updating so here's a summary of events... I had to wear compression garment for a week and now I only have to wear it to sleep it feels like it cuts of circulation in my legs so I'm gonna stop wearing it I got a little spanx u can see it in the pictures but it doesn't stay in place. My first day back to work was Thursday and it sucked by the end of the night my valve and butt felt like they were on fire. I was very uncomfortable sleeping that night then I worked on Friday too my back was burning like I was in labor by the end of that night. I called out on Saturday to rest and I am working today. The purple stuff and dermaplast that was covering scar finally came off and I see that I am heeling well. I still have lots of micro stretch marks u can c in pic but I will use bio oil to help with that in the future. Overall I am satisfied and I love my silhouette now!
wow you look great!!! your scar is so small...lucky you! congrats and happy healing!!
Wow, just saw your new pics! You are looking like a MILF for sure!! Way to go girl!
Thanks I'm gonna post some more soon

So happy

So happy

Thanks the dr is awesome

Scar lil closer

You look great, I can't believe how small your scar is. Can you give me his contact info? realself isn't listing it. I looked him up on google, but I want to make sure I have the right dr.

It's been a while

So far so good I'm enjoying the compliments I get for my new figure but it looks so natural ppl think I've just been hitting the gym hard lol thanks dr rubenstein xoxo
Dr Joshua rubenstein 1700 grand concourse Bronx ny (718) 466-7770

Memorial Day

All white showing a lil midriff and it felt great n so natural
Dr Rubinstein

Dr Rubinstein was recommended to me by a friend and he is easy to talk to and easy to understand.