Great decision, so happy with my results!

This site was really helpful for me while I was...

This site was really helpful for me while I was trying to decide if I wanted to have liposuction, so I wanted to post my experience in hopes that it would help someone else trying to make the decision for themselves.

I am about 5’7 and my weight fluctuates between 140-145 pounds. I am very active and work out 4 times a week on average. That being said, I have been “fighting” with my outer thighs my entire life. I have tried a million different diets, and every kind of workout, and nothing has really helped. To put it in perspective, I have a size 2 waist and size 6 thighs. I am a curvy woman, and had no desire to change that, but just wanted my upper and lower body to be more proportionate.

So, for my 30th birthday, I decided to have liposuction on my outer thighs. The doctor I chose, Dr. Scott Newman, suggested that I do my inner and outer thighs, my banana roll, and my inner knee, so I went ahead with all 4 areas. I am writing a separate (great) review of him and his staff on the doctors review page.

I had my surgery yesterday, so this post describes my experience thus far. He made a total of 6 incisions, 1 in my groin, 1 under my butt, and 1 on the back of my knee on each leg. The surgery only took about 90 minutes. I was under general anesthesia, so I went to sleep and woke up when it was over. So far the recovery has been pretty easy, and I have only needed to take tylenol and not the vicodin they prescribed me. I was able to shower today and remove the compression garment I woke up in. I was pleasantly surprised! I am definitely swollen and a little bruised, but it’s not bad at all. I can already tell that it has maade a huge difference. I will be posting as my recovery goes on, but so far so good…very good.

I purchased a bottle of Arnicka from my doctor to help with the swelling and bruising because I tend to bruise pretty easily. It seems tohave worked for me and I would highly recommend it. I am barely bruised and not that swollen. I can’t guarantee that it’s due to the Arnicka, but I can’t say that it’s not, either.

The only negative part of this experience was that they never mentioned that they would be inserting a catheter during the surgery. I would have liked to have been forewarned that a side of effect of that can be the inability to urinate for a few hours after the procedure. It took about 6 hours or so before I was able to go, and it made me really nervous and worried because it was unexpected and I didn’t know why I couldn’t go. Other than that, everything went really well and has been great so far. I can’t wait for the swelling and bruising to go away and to see even better results.

For me, this decision, and the experience thus far has been totally worth it!

I am 5 days out, and I have posted a few new...

I am 5 days out, and I have posted a few new pictures from this morning. I haven't needed any pain meds for about 2 days, although I think I am a little more swollen and bruised today. I guess things are starting to settle in.
New York Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Newman on Realself and then did independent research on him. I met with 5 surgeons and chose him because he had the best credentials, spent the most time with me, and answered all of my questions.