There is a Better Choice out There for Some of Us - Wyoming, WY

Hello I have been a else patient since 2008. I...

Hello I have been a else patient since 2008. I started my journey when I was 18 and the lap band 10 year studies had not yet come out yet. I thought the band was my best choice. I was obsessed with knowing everything I needed to know about the procedure and how to take care of myself and use my tool.

I am a twin and my sister has always been to and I have always been heavey. I was active through school with swimming, cheer leading (mascot) and other various activities. I was prom queen and always happy. One day someone had said to me that they were so happy to see a big girl be prom queen. I started changing my life from that point forward.

I started with the local WLS center and had a wonderful experience. I had my surgery after being approved by insurance in October of 08. The next years flew by the weight came off and I was placed on a billboard to represent the WLS. It had been 2 1/2 years and I had been at goal for 1 1/2 years so happy.

I was removed from insurance for a short time and that's when everything changed. One day I got I'll and from that point forward eating was really difficult. Finally in January of 2011 I was back on insurance and I went to the hospital in February I was unable to eat or drink anything. I lost too much weight and looked and felt horrible.

My band was removed immediately due to it slipping and completely blocking my intestines off. I healed for about six months and went to a different doctor for a revision to vertical sleeve. I have been really happy and never felt better!

I lost 100 pounds healthy and more when I was I'll. no I didn't find it difficult to change my lifestyle I did a lot of research and worked really hard with the WLS staff before surgery.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us. I'm sorry you had to go through those complications, it must have been scary! I'm glad you're feeling better though.

How much weight did you lose with the band? Did you find it difficult, changing your diet and lifestyle after the surgery?