Worth All the Worry!! Go for It!

I am a 33 year old mommy of 4. My youngest child...

I am a 33 year old mommy of 4. My youngest child is 3 & had been dreaming of a tummy tuck, i knew we were done having kids & the extra tummy skin & strech marks made me embarassed. i didnt feel comforatable out of clothes or in swimwear.

I had my Full Tummy tuck w/ muscle repair in Jan.09 It has now been 6 weeks. i am thrilled with the results & am hear to tell you - if everyone knew how easy it was to have a flat tummy they would have a TT tommorow!

I had myself so worked up with worry & fear prior to my surgery, that i almost backed out. I was so scared of dying under the knife & leaving my hubby & kids.
i was scared of the recovery & scared of putting my needs/ wants first for once.

Let me tell you- it was worth the worry! I love my results & the recovery was not bad at all- i had NO pain- you will be uncomfortable for 3-5 days- but after that- its hardly anything. Take your pain meds on time & rest rest rest & you'll feel good by a week.
i was back out watching my sons basketball games on day 7.

This is not to say that this surgery is not a long recovery- it is a full year they say til all your swelling dissappears & scar fades & results are final, so be patient,i am. My scar is placed low - under my underwear line& i wear low underwear- insist on this!
i realy urge you to do this for yourself & i will tell you the fear pre- surgery is the worst part--- after you will wonder why you worried so much- ! You will be a happier sexy woman, mommy& wife- & confidence makes you a more modivated beautiful you!

Akron Plastic Surgeon

DR. WAS A PERFECTIONIST, SO SET ASIDE HIS DRY PERSONALITY & REALIZE HE WLL GIVE YOU AMAZING RESULTS!

I'm going with dr carp as well!! December!! I'm having tummy tuck and lipo!! So nervous!!!
You look how I want and hope my comes out.
Thank you for posting this! I am working myself into a frenzy about those same things - doing something for myself. . . what if I die. . . what if there are crazy complications. . . I am hoping to have your same experience and attitude!!
Wow you look great, though I'm sure you hear that all the time now ;)When i see results like yours it gives me some hope that i might look as good. I'm sooo nervous about getting a tt. I just hope the surgeon will be able to remove the majority of my stretch marks and give me a decent looking belly button. By the way your lookin hot in that Bikini
You look amazing. Cute bikinis! Where did you get them?
Love the pics.. You look FAB!!! I only hope my TT/BA/little lipo goes as good as yours. Let me know if you ever update your pics. Also.. You did not have anything done on your chest right?? The look so natural for right after surgery if you did...
YES! But by all means do your research, i did! i didnt want a tummy-tuck unless every doctor told me that it was the only solution to my tummy problems, i am 33 & just so badly wanted that confidence back my tummy was streched out, had some wrinkly skin & flabby too. After working out on it 2 yrs, i made the descion for surgery. Dr. Carp is very talented & a perfectionist, he is also very honest & staight forth, if he cant make it happen , he will tell you.Go in & look through his albums, he choses to take after photos showing the scar- he said he doesnt want to hide them from others-so they know what to expect. My scar is low & very thin & flat- he does know what he's doing- but find a doc you feel comforatable with. Best Wishes!
Thanks for your comments and support. I really am dwelling on this issue in my life.
I am starting my research on all the procedures available for the lower tummy area. Since I live in Ohio also and not far away from Akron,Canton area your story has helped. Do you really feel confident with this Dr. Carp?
My scar is fading well! i use bio-oil & silicone scar strips, i alternate bettween the two! i honestly forget my scar is there, i have NO scar w/ bellybutton- he placed scar inside BB so it hidden, i did have strech marks all mine were above my belly button- & now they are about 3 inches below my new BB but some still present, they are a little above my inscion line- but Not up high enough that they would show in a bikkini. Find a good doctor that will blend you c-section scar w/ TT scar & one that says he will be able to pull those strech marks down far enough- most will be gone you may be left with a few placed real low-! Good luck with baby #4- when you due & when you planing on having surgery? take care!
How does your scar look. I am pregnant with our 4th and tis will be 4 c sections I am worried how much of my strech marks they will be able to get out they only come up to my belly button
posted my pics, can be found under my tt review. two weeks today, can't believe it!
Thanks so much for posting this- I can't tell you how much it has helped to calm my fears. I was almost to the point of dreading it instead of looking forward and thinking "Why, then, am I even considering this?" It's the healing and scars that I am most dreading!
Melbel, let us know when you post your pics, I bet you look great!
Hi! Just had my tummy tuck on March 10th. Asked for a really low scar, watched him draw the line and was happy with it. Now, the scar seems higher, yet it's right over where the marks were. I almost feel like the skin below my scar is pulled super tight, to the point where my vagina almost looks like it had a lift!! Did you experience this at all? Did your bikini cover your scar immediately, because I just tried mine on and my scar, which is still swollen is just above my bikini line. Sort of freaking out, and can't reach doc. till tomorrow. I'm hoping that once the swelling goes down and my skin settles in to the new stretch that the scar will lower. Still no regrets, but I'm a bikini girl and can't see myself to spend the rest of my life wearing a one-piece! Thanks for letting me vent. Any opinion would be appreciated. By the way, you look amazing!
Thanks for your review. I am exactly who you are writing too - freaking out realizing I'll be feeling so stupid for all the worries. My TT with MR and lipo is April 7th... weee :)
you look fantastic! I'd love to see a before if you have one. I am scheduled for my TT and BA on April 16th, I'm nervous but very excited! I am a 36 year old mother of one..but yo yo dieting and the c-section were not to kind on my tummy! Thank you again for sharing your story and photos. I am optimistic that I will recover quickly, too.

Thank you for you kind words! & best wishes on your surgery! You will do great! Keep us informed on everything! Dont be nervous-- be excited- i was so pleased with how much easier it was to recover than others had noted. =)