Worth It--I Feel Great!

It is only one day after my treatment, but I am...

It is only one day after my treatment, but I am pleased with the results. I have been really lucky in how I'm aging overall, but the nasolabial folds around my mouth were starting to come in. I decided to try Restylane to even out my face since it is virtually wrinkle-free everywhere else. Thankfully, I have a great dermotologist who understood how conservative I wanted to go with the treatment. She just gave me just enough for a natural look. My worst fear was coming away from the treatment looking like a chipmunk! One day later, the swelling is completely gone and I only have a tiny little bruise at one of the injection sitese. I'm not going to lie and say there wasn't any pain involved--there was--but it was pretty short-lived and treatable with Tylenol. She did a great job and made sure she worked it into my wrinkles so there were no lumps or bumps. Today, I look like myself but just slightly smoother. I don't think anyone is going to notice anything except that I just look healthier and more well-rested. I had a big debate going on inside my head wondering if I should give this a shot, and I'm glad I did. My advice to anyone looking into getting it done is to 1) research a dermotologist who gives a lot of time and attention to their patients and 2) ALWAYS air on the side of being conservative. You can always go back for more later.