Worth It... in the End. but Not a Miracle

After trying all the series of treatments with...

After trying all the series of treatments with varying success (Retinoids, BP, AHAs, BHAs, antibiotics with varying success I decided to book an appointment with an NHS dermatologist who I managed to persuade to perscribe me Roaccutune, he was reluctant but considering I had tried pretty much every avilable treatment he gave it to me.

It was to be a 6 month course of 40mg a day (20mg morning and evening) which is the standard dose here in the UK. I had mild acne loads of blackheads/whiteheads and very oily skin, red marks also.

I began treatment taking it with food I didn't have the dreaded inital breakout, my skin took a good 6 weeks to start really drying out. My lips became very dry as with everyone just had to moisturize and cleanse twise a day.. very simple. Took about 5 months to take full effect on me. Its was a very slow going treatment but I was left with pretty much no acne by the end, maybe a spot or two.

Overall its the best acne treatment out there, you just have to put up with a bit of discomfort along the way which can be easily treated with a moisturizer.

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.