Too Painful, Had to Stop the Procedure - Worcester, MA

I went today ulthera on lower face and neck. I am...

I went today ulthera on lower face and neck. I am not a stranger to treatments, have had fraxel, cool sculpture, laser hair removal, and so really did not expect this to be an issue. I had read that many people experienced some degree of pain, but haven spoken to several people at the doctors office, it sounded like it would be tolderble.

I was given some Advil and some extra strength Tylenol, along with 5mg Valium, no other pain medication was available, and certainly not the injections other people seem to have received. I made it about a a quarter way through the treatment, and had to call it off. I have never experienced anything like it, I couldn't even come up with anything to compare it too. Embarrassing as this is, I actually started crying and got extremely emotional. The person delivering the treatment was wonderful, tried to help with different distraction techniques such as a buzzer and breathing, but I just couldn't do it.

I Never thought I had a particularly low pain tolerance, and I definitely recommend anyone considering this treatment go somewhere they are willing to give better pain control options. The staff were great, and very empathetic, and I wish I could have made it through. Apparently I was their first client not to get through the treatment. Very very painful. They did not charge me for the portion of the treatment received, which I thought was very nice, and excellent customer relationship management.

Everyone was excellent, and I really appreciated not being charged anything for my aborted attempt at ulthera.