Too Painful, Had to Stop the Procedure - Worcester, MA

I went today ulthera on lower face and neck. I am...

I went today ulthera on lower face and neck. I am not a stranger to treatments, have had fraxel, cool sculpture, laser hair removal, and so really did not expect this to be an issue. I had read that many people experienced some degree of pain, but haven spoken to several people at the doctors office, it sounded like it would be tolderble.

I was given some Advil and some extra strength Tylenol, along with 5mg Valium, no other pain medication was available, and certainly not the injections other people seem to have received. I made it about a a quarter way through the treatment, and had to call it off. I have never experienced anything like it, I couldn't even come up with anything to compare it too. Embarrassing as this is, I actually started crying and got extremely emotional. The person delivering the treatment was wonderful, tried to help with different distraction techniques such as a buzzer and breathing, but I just couldn't do it.

I Never thought I had a particularly low pain tolerance, and I definitely recommend anyone considering this treatment go somewhere they are willing to give better pain control options. The staff were great, and very empathetic, and I wish I could have made it through. Apparently I was their first client not to get through the treatment. Very very painful. They did not charge me for the portion of the treatment received, which I thought was very nice, and excellent customer relationship management.

Everyone was excellent, and I really appreciated not being charged anything for my aborted attempt at ulthera.

This sounds terrible, Bridget. I am getting more than a little nervous. I wish there were some other treatment that has the track record/approval rate that Ulthera does.

Ohhh, I'm so sorry to hear what happened. :( I'm kind of interested in trying it myself but nearly everyone talks about it being super painful. I'm so glad to hear they didn't charge you. That is really, really awesome of them and certainly not what I expected to read.

It will be interesting to hear if you see any changes in the 1/4 that you had done. Will you please keep us updated on that?

Hope you are feeling better now!