Finally, It's my Time! - Woodmere, NY

So earlier this year I turned 40 and I have four...

So earlier this year I turned 40 and I have four beautiful children ages 12, 9, 7 and 3. I have been considering this procedure pretty much since immediately after my first child because of the c-section procedure, my lower abs just never bounced back. When my first labor did not progress well and my ob recommended a c-section, I jumped at it because I could not take the pain any longer! I followed up with 3 more sections in the next 9 years.

Needless to say after all these pregnancies and sugeries, my abs are just shot and the running and working out benefited every part of me except the lower abs. I have considered and wanted this for a very long time and within the last year have begun looking for surgeons and reading personal experience stories on sites such as this. So now here I am, my surgery has been booked for the last couple of weeks for mid-October and I feel great about it! My biggest concern in all of this was my youngest son. He recently started school full time with his older siblings and is well on his way to being potty trained so now that he's out of the house I will have my days free to heal and my husband's help with them at night. I'm sure I will get through this fine. I am a bit nervous and can only assume that will increase as the next 5 weeks go by but I know I can do this.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

I was led to this provider by word of mouth and also because of hs proximity to my home. His office and surgical center is less than 3 miles from my front door. I looked at some before and after photos and decided I would like to meet Dr. Funt. I was very impressed with him, his staff and felt at ease so decided to book this surgery and place this life changing event in his hands!

Welcome to RealSelf.   I am happy you joined the community and look forward to following your journey.  You can do this and will love the results.

The end of October will be here quickly!!