55 Year Old Always into Fitness but Never Able to Get Rid of Tummy After 2 Kids in 2 Years at Age 35 and 36 - Woodmere, NY

As indicated I have always been physically fit. I...

As indicated I have always been physically fit. I am an advanced Pilates student with a strong core however between middle age, slower metabolism and 2 babies in 2 years in my mid 30's I not only have never been able to get rid of my bulge. Also I had several jaw surgeries that involved a fat graft from my abdomen. The last surgery left what I perceived to be a disfiguring scar on my lower abdomen. I thought it was time to do something for myself. Having been a veteran of multiple surgeries including a previous PS, a breast reduction I thought this would be easy. I am 6 days out and it has not been easy at all. The procedure itself was fine. IV sedation so I awoke already dressed in the pressure garment. The surgeon asked immediately prior to the surgery if he could remove a little more from my breast to make them more even and I was happy to let him do it as I was still a double D. My pressure garment included a bra with foam. I was given a sheet for any leakage that I might have on my way home. By the time I got home, I was drenched in blood. It was bright red not the translucent drainage I was told to expect. I therefore removed the pressure garment and put pressure on one of the areas the tubes had been inserted in and the bleeding stopped with the bandage. I therefore redressed and assumed the bleeding had stopped. I was also bleeding slightly from another hole. Once again I undressed and placed a bandage and pressure and the bleeding stopped. I went to bed with the help of the pain meds and anti nausea medicine ( nausea set in while I was bleeding ) The next morning I spoke to the surgeons office and they assured me that it was just the normal drainage and not to worry. The pain was bad, sitting up without using my abs was not something that I was used to doing and I could not get comfortable. I resorted to more pain meds and became more comfortable. By the end of the week the surgeons office called to check on me and schedule my follow up. I was told that I could shower and rinse off the garment that was heavily stained. While my stomach looked flatter even with the swelling, I could not believe how bad the bruising was. It wasn't a few black and blue marks, but rather my abdomen sides pelvic area and breasts were dark purple. I do bruise very easily. In fact after my breast reduction surgery I had a very large hematoma that had to be drained. Because I bruise so easily I am going to take a wait and see approach and see what the doctor says day after tomorrow

Photos of bruising 5 days post surgery

15 days post smart lipo

The bruising has improved but still have swelling and lumpiness. How long does it normally last and what helps
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Very professional and office staff extremely friendly

Agreed. My lumps and even some swelling lasted til the six month Mark. I still see periodic swelling. Good luck.
I am definitely better but there is a tightness now. Does that ever go away or is that the new slim belly?
Bella Besos is right, every doctor who has posted in the Q&A section tells us 2-6 months for swelling and the lumps can last that long as well, however they do gradually begin to reduce and absorb into the body. A hand massager will really help to loosen up the tissue (causing the hardness & lumpiness) but be careful not to massage too hard. Your tissue will be healing for awhile so the goal is to soften the tissue, not beat it into submission...LoL. You are doing great and seem to be healing on schedule (based on this forum)
Thanks, I just ordered a hand massager on amazon as Bella Besos recommended. It's nice that my pants not only fit again (they didn't the first couple days) but now they are loose : )
The swelling can last for 2-6 months and the lumps as well. Are you massaging yourself with hand massager or professional lymphatic massages?
I am just using my hands. I know I need to get the hand massager
There are Great ones on Amazon! You may want to invest in one. I used clarisonic pro for arms.
Eat fresh pineapples for swelling or pineapple juice i really helps :)
Thanks Bella, I will check it out as well as the juice!
YW! I hope it helps :)
I saw the PS and yes my activity level was too high which caused the bleeding. It will re absorb into the body as it did with my breast hematoma. I now have areas with small indentations. Anyone else experience this
Better to write this as an update, so everyone following you sees it :).  I know lots of people experience lumpiness in the beginning so hopefully some of them will see your question.  I'm only 2 days post op so I haven't gotten that far yet :D.

Happy healing!
I know how you feel. The bruising at the flanks still hurts and today is day 7 post. My tummy from which he took a lot more Chubb is doing fine. Hang in there :)
Thanks Gbz say the PS today said i had a lot more bleeding than normal and it would take time for the body to absorb it. Glad you are feeling fine
I hope you feel better. Cyber hug. Just think how awesome you'll look in a couple weeks.
Congrats! Bruising can look worse than it is&I hope for a speedy recovery! I wish you the Best! Hang in there,it gets better no worries :) Have a great night.
Thank you! It actually looks a lot better in the photos than it was so I am hopefully optimistic it will fade fast
It will,I had some scary bruising&it diminished fast. keep your optimism&positivty :) these procedures do take a long time for results. I have no patience but trust me it's worth it!
Thanks. Needed to hear that
;) Yay!
Must work on the patience aspect!!!
Me too loli You know I'm 43&still have none!
Welcome to the community, and I am sorry you are having this bruising!  I'm glad that you already knew that you bruised easily.  I'm guessing this has something to do with that, but I sure hope the doctor can put your mind at easy (or fix whatever is wrong) when you see him again Wednesday.  I assume you're taking it easy for now--maybe there are capillaries (or larger) blood vessels that are healing and could re-open.  You need someone taking care of you hand and foot right now!
Unfortunately I am not one that is waited on or taken care of because its not in me. Just did a load of laundry and vacuumed....probably not wise. Hopefully the PS will recommend something tomorrow ( other than don't vacuum or do laundry!)
OMG, don't vacuum!!!!  Are you okay after that?  I don't want to hear you started bleeding again!