Vi Peel or BURN - The Woodlands, TX

I had a vi peel five days ago. i expected to peel...

I had a vi peel five days ago. i expected to peel day 3... what i didn't expect was chapped, dry skin day 4, 5, and 6 ... i got took no doubt, the spa package i got to take home was hydrocoritisone cream and sun screen - NO MOISTURIZER... and everything i've tried to moisturize with has set my face on fire. I work this morning and seriously expected to have scabs forming on my face... i've tried olive oil, aloe vera, to no avail. last resort i'm wearing a diaper rash cream on my face - sort of like using preparation h for bags under your eyes, but hey the esthetician won't return my calls.

ADVICE: don't let an estethetician do this stuff... this is serious ($$$) stuff... see the plastic surgeon.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

The diaper rash ointment has helped. this morning...

the diaper rash ointment has helped. this morning the redness is gone and the burned, scabby feel to the skin is better. my skin still feels very tight, it looks like I might peel 'again' - but it might be from the scabby burn from marykay, aveda, and lancome moisturisers that i tried that evidently weren' chemically 'right' for an after peel.

I purchased a package of 3-peels for $500.00 otherwise they are $250 each... so I have two more! I won't do them without the Vi Peel products in hand. I think that may be more the cause of my results rather than the actual skill of the technician, however - I do feel that my vi peel package should have had the stated items in it - which would have included the moisturizer. Feeling better this morning

Hi namaste,

It's unfortunate your technician did not explain things better to you and provide you with the right moisturizer needed. The answers to this question about what to do after a Vi Peel in our doctor Q&A might help provide some answers too. Hope that helps, and please keep us updated.

Thanks!