Mommy Makeover in Texas

My "mommy makeover" was done in order to...

My "mommy makeover" was done in order to remove hanging skin after twins and repair ab muscles that happened in my first pregnancy (I have 4 children - two teenagers and 3 year old twins). I added breast augmentation to my tummy tuck sort of on a whim. It wasn't something that I had considered seriously for a long time, just thought about here and there but I am so glad that I did it.

My PS warned me this would be the worst pain ever. It wasn't, but when I went into it thinking that it would be, the pain that I actually did have wasn't bad. My c-section was worse in my opinion. My surgery was on a Thursday and I stayed overnight in the surgery center. I took hydrocodone + muscle relaxer throughout the weekend + phenergan for the few times that I had bad nausea (from the medicine, not the surgery and not all at once but as prescribed). By Monday morning I had switched to motrin and a muscle relaxer at night.

I was able to look at before and after photos with my doctor and I also took in a photo of a breast augmentation that I liked the look of (size, shape and cleavage). She explained to me the difference between my body and the model's body but said that she understood the look I was going for. At my one year follow up she gave me that photo back and we agreed that my breasts looked to be a very close match.

My surgery was a year and 4 months ago. I am very pleased with the results. My scar went from hip to hip but has faded to almost nothing.

Wear your garments afterwards! They are uncomfortable and a hassle but it really makes a difference. They help keep the swelling to a minimum and helps your body learn it's new shape. I also noticed that since it took me a while to get upright that they were a good support for my back as well.

The Woodlands Plastic Surgeon

I checked out several plastic surgeons before I decided upon Dr. Lahiri. A few people warned me ahead of time that her bedside manner was lacking but I did not find that to be true. I found her to be professional and informative and most of all NOT a "salesman". In fact she told me that I didn't need other procedures that I was looking into. That made me feel that she stood by her work and didn't feel the need to act like my best friend in order to get my business. My husband told me to find the BEST surgeon without considering the cost which was smart advice (and she wasn't the most expensive).

Way to go hot mama! I see your procedure was a while ago. Thanks for coming around for us newbies!
Thank you! The bottom middle picture was taken at 12 days post op and I was still not all the way upright. I'm going to say it was at least three weeks until I was upright, but I wasn't forcing it either. I wore the bodysuit for 6 full weeks and then switched to a girdle and spanx for another 2-3 weeks. So it's hard to feel totally normal until you are in regular clothes.

You look great!  It seems like your recovery was pretty quick, how long until you felt back to normal?

Holy cow, what a difference! You look fabulous.

It's so great to have stories that are a year or more post-op, so thank you thank you thank you. I'm glad this went so well for you.