60 Year Old Male Trichophytic (Hairline) Brow Lift and Upper Blepharoplasty - Woodbury, MN

My eyelids were very droopy and barely open. In...

My eyelids were very droopy and barely open. In photos I looked very tired at best and creepy at worst. I needed professional photos for work. I will have to work for years yet. I thought I might benefit from an upper blepharoplasty. I consulted two MDs then Dr. Tolan. I am certain all three are very competent as I did a lot of research.
The first MD recommended Fraxel laser repair then maybe upper blepharoplasty if I still needed it later.
The second MD quoted me a price for upper blepharoplasty. When I asked whether my brow might be a cause he gave me a price for a facelifht. Then a price for for lower eyelids....
The third MD, Dr. Tolan, actually carefully manipulated my eyelids and brow to show me that I only had a little excess skin and fat in my upper eyelids and surgery there would not achieve a lot. He showed me that a brow lift would accomplish much more. He pointed out that my wrinkled forehead was due to me raising my forehead/brow for years in order to see. He also discussed scars in detail and showed me pictures of the variety of scars patients had in the past and where they would be. He was the ONLY MD of the three to do any of these and more I don't have time to write about. No one else even touched my eyelids or forehead or even mentioned scars.
The price was $7K for both browlift and eyelids. I asked for the eyelids also as the added cost was not great and I was being operated on anyway.
I'm glad you think your decision was worth it and that you posted on RealSelf! What was your recovery from this procedure like?
Recovery was fine. I took one Vicodin when I got home but threw it up because I had an empty stomach. I then took some Advil that day then no more after that. In the one week follow (?) up Dr. Tolan gave me the option of him zapping the area under my eyes with a laser to speed up the bruise dissipation. I took him up on that. I had no trouble closing my eyes when I sleep. The top of my scalp is still somewhat numb, as he said it might be but I don't really care much about that. The scar near my hairline is still a little red at 6 weeks and still healing.
Saint Paul Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Tolan and his staff were great. They were efficient and professional. I took painkillers the day of surgery then nothing after that. My eyes looked bruised bad for maybe a week, then sunglasses needed for maybe another week or part of a week. When I look in the mirror my eyes are open! I am extremely happy. Six weeks after surgery my hairline scar is still healing as he previously described.