Gastric Bypass Before and After - Lake Charles, LA

I had Gastric Bypass procedure on Oct 21, 2010 in...

I had Gastric Bypass procedure on Oct 21, 2010 in Lake Charles, La at Women and Children's Hospital. My Surgeon was Keith Chung, MD. I was referred to him by Ft Polk Bayne Jones Community Hospital (BJACH) primary care provider. My Highest weight was 276# and my lowest weight after was 157#. I was offered to have Panniculectomy in Oct 2011 but decided against it due to my Major Hypothyroidism and getting it under control and stable. Also I was so thin facial wise that I felt unattractive. So, I decided to put a few pounds back on. So over the next 22 months I gained a few pounds. Now I weight from 165-170# and I like the way I look. After stabilizing my weight for 18 months I decided to pursue the Panniculectomy. I saw my primary provider (PA) on Aug 2, 2013 and he gave me a referral to see the surgeon. On Aug 6, 2013 I seen the surgeon for the first time and he said I was a candidate for a Panniculectomy even with having a prior Abdominalplasty in 2002 at the weight of 220#. I never dreamed at that time I would have the opportunity to have a gastric bypass in the future. So 8 years later I am presented with the opportunity to have gastric bypass due to my health issues: hypertension, hypothyroidism, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Sleep Apnea, Chronic joint pain, (CHF) Congestive Heart Failure, Depression, and hypercholesteremia. My highest weight was 276# in Oct 2008. And in May 2010 I weighed in at 267# when I was offered the gastric bypass. After extensive research, nutritional education, and a lot of prayer, I decided to pursue the Gastric Bypass and so glad I did and wish I would have done it earlier in life, but was unable to insurance wise, as well as finance wise. I am blessed to be married to a Retire Chief Warrant Officer 2 and have Tricare Prime health insurance.
My only regret that I have about having my Gastric Bypass is that I didn't have the chance to do it earlier in life. Best thing I ever done for myself.

Before and After Pictures

Lake Charles Bariatric Surgeon

Excellent ...He takes a lot of time to explain procedure to you as well has great about answering questions

Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us! You've done so well to lose that weight and keep it off!

How did you find the recovery period after your surgery? Did you ahve a lot of downtime or pain?

Would love to see a before/after, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing.