Gastric Bypass Before and After - Lake Charles, LA

I had Gastric Bypass procedure on Oct 21, 2010 in...

I had Gastric Bypass procedure on Oct 21, 2010 in Lake Charles, La at Women and Children's Hospital. My Surgeon was Keith Chung, MD. I was referred to him by Ft Polk Bayne Jones Community Hospital (BJACH) primary care provider. My Highest weight was 276# and my lowest weight after was 157#. I was offered to have Panniculectomy in Oct 2011 but decided against it due to my Major Hypothyroidism and getting it under control and stable. Also I was so thin facial wise that I felt unattractive. So, I decided to put a few pounds back on. So over the next 22 months I gained a few pounds. Now I weight from 165-170# and I like the way I look. After stabilizing my weight for 18 months I decided to pursue the Panniculectomy. I saw my primary provider (PA) on Aug 2, 2013 and he gave me a referral to see the surgeon. On Aug 6, 2013 I seen the surgeon for the first time and he said I was a candidate for a Panniculectomy even with having a prior Abdominalplasty in 2002 at the weight of 220#. I never dreamed at that time I would have the opportunity to have a gastric bypass in the future. So 8 years later I am presented with the opportunity to have gastric bypass due to my health issues: hypertension, hypothyroidism, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Sleep Apnea, Chronic joint pain, (CHF) Congestive Heart Failure, Depression, and hypercholesteremia. My highest weight was 276# in Oct 2008. And in May 2010 I weighed in at 267# when I was offered the gastric bypass. After extensive research, nutritional education, and a lot of prayer, I decided to pursue the Gastric Bypass and so glad I did and wish I would have done it earlier in life, but was unable to insurance wise, as well as finance wise. I am blessed to be married to a Retire Chief Warrant Officer 2 and have Tricare Prime health insurance.
My only regret that I have about having my Gastric Bypass is that I didn't have the chance to do it earlier in life. Best thing I ever done for myself.

Before and After Pictures

Lake Charles Bariatric Surgeon

Excellent ...He takes a lot of time to explain procedure to you as well has great about answering questions