Hello! After reading the reviews and viewing the...

Hello! After reading the reviews and viewing the pictures on here as well as other sites I've decided to take the plunge! I've always hated my stomach. I lost over 40 lbs and have kept it off. Now I'm at a healthy weight I'm 5' 4 1/2" and approximately 133 lbs. I work out regularly and eat fairly healthy but my stomach won't go away. The photo below is a before and after of my weight loss. My stomach is hidden obviously. I will post pictures of my stomach later.

I had 2 consultations with 2 different office. Both we around the same price initially, but the 2nd offered a discount ($1,000) if I booked that day and was able to get me in sooner. My surgery was scheduled for 2 weeks after my consultation and on a Saturday. The doctor that's going to perform my procedure is a Board Certified plastic surgeon so I'm confident he will do a great job!

Before photos

Hey I am very impressed that you losses 40lbs.. after 3 kids I would do anything to loose 40 lbs. I had my procedure about 6 weeks ago on my upper and lower but the truth is, I am still so unhappy... how did you lose so much weight and how long did it take? I am in a really desperate position right now and I feel like I've tried everything but the number on the scale just keeps going up. Any advice will be great. Thank for sharing and good luck on your procedure.
I lost my weight with the help of Weight Watchers and working out regularly. I've always struggled with my weight,WW was the only thing that's worked for me to keep it off. It took me about 8 months to lose 37 lbs. I maintained that for the most part but then it started to creep up again to 150 lbs in 2008. That when I joined WW for the final time. It took me a long time to lose the 20 or so lbs to bring me to my current weight, mostly because I'm stubborn. I've been this weigh for almost 2 year now. I like WW because I can eat whatever I want in moderation so I don't feel deprived. I hope that helps. Thanks!
Thank you. I just get really discouraged sometimes. You are an inspiration. Keep us posted on your procedure!

Starting to get nervous!

My procedure is one week away! I'm starting to get nervous. I received an email from the office with instructions. I'm confused as to what to wear that day? They stated to wear dark loose clothing and a shirt that does not go over my head. I was planning on wearing sweatpants, only pants that I have that are loose. No idea what to wear for a top? All my tee shirts go over my head. They also suggested towels for my car and bed because of drainage. How much drainage are we talking about? The thought of have liquid secrete from my stomach makes me want to hurl. I have a sensitive stomach and get grossed out easily. They also suggested maxi-pads to catch the drainage... how does one attach a maxi-pad to their stomach? I'm feeling faint just thinking about it. My post-op appointment is Monday so I'm sure they will discuss these items.
My procedure is on Monday and I'm just going to wear a zip up hoodie over my bra.
Thank you!
hey, if you are nervous, reschedule it out and continue to some research. secondly, may i add, if this is the last place your body is holding on to something, that's because it truly needs it. if you remove it, it will come back somewhere else...please check out the thread, "did you gain weight after lipo." it is very insightful and also the thread about how lipo is not for thin people (which you already appear to be). not preaching, just want you to have all the information you can possibly have before you make a decision/go through with it.

Pre-Op

Good morning! I had my pre-op today, feeling a little bit better. Still weird-ed out about the drainage. They took my measurements, waist 27 and hips 33, and my weight 131. Hopefully once this is procedure is complete and I'm fully healed my waist will be more proportional to my small hips.

Approximately 24 hours until my procedure!

Approximately 24 hours until my procedure! Very busy today which is both good and bad, will keep my mind off tomorrow. I'm working a full day, heading to the gym, going to the market then home to clean my house. This morning I picked up my prescriptions that I need to bring with me tomorrow, which include antibiotic, anti-nauseous medicine, Percocet, and Ativan. The office also gave me Arnica tablets. My appointment is at 10 am, I wanted to squeeze in one last workout before but I don't know if that will be possible since the office is an hour drive. I've gotten into such a good routine, going to the gym 6 days per week. I'm afraid I'll lose the momentum since I won't be able to go for a week or two. I'm planning to return to work Monday, only one coworker knows what I am having done but ironically she won't be in. My job is mostly a desk job, occasionally I need to set up new computers which involves crawling under desks.

I feel like I'm forgetting to do something. Any last minute tips or suggestions. Thanks!
Why did they prescribe you Ativan? That's an acute anti anxiety med.
To relax me. They only use local anesthesia.

I survived!

So far no pain. They gave my one Percocet and two Adivan before the procedure. Then numbed ny stomach. The tubbing with the medicine was uncomfortable. My stomach is still very numb, once that's gone the pain will come.

The doctor and nurse were both very professional. They made me at ease the entire time. The doctor is excited to see my final results because "I am the ideal candidate for Smart Lipo." So we shall see! I'll keep you posted.
That's awesome that they told you that you were the perfect candidate for Smart Lipo. My Dr. told me my first choice should be a tummy tuck and that we would work with what we had! LOL
I thought I needed a tummy tuck too because I have extra skin from losing 40 plus pounds but the doctor said the laser should help contour the area. How are you feeling?
My Dr. told me it was really like a 20 percent chance that I wouldn't be happy with the extra skin and if that happened we could do another procedure and just remove the skin. So far, it looks like it's healing great. My stomach is kind of swollen and hard so it's hard to tell just what it will look like, but I love that the little bulges where my hips were are gone. I'm feeling better every day, but have had a hard time sleeping the last couple nights. I'm not even that uncomfortable I just get really tired and then I'll feel like I'm having a sugar rush or something and can't sleep! Then once I'm asleep I'm having nightmares that freak me out and wake me back up. I just don't get it.

The day after...

First I apologize for any typos yesterday. I thought I'd wake up in severe pain but my stomach just feels weird. It's hard to sit up. So far I've gone about my normal routine, except for not working. I helped my boyfriend make pancakes and I washed the dishes then cleaned the kitchen. He keeps telling me I need to take it easy but I feel ok. I thought for sure I'd be in a lot of pain once the numbing wore off.

Yesterday is a tad blurry. The oozing has slowed on my hips but the two lower incision are still oozing pretty bad. I woke up around 3 am to change out the pads so that it didn't make a mess in my bed. I learned its easier to change them in the bath tub to make clean up easier. I'm using sterile pads from CVS rather than maxi pads. So far I've gone through 18 pads. The doctor said the oozing should stop about 24 hours after the surgery. Fingers crossed it does because the oozing has been the worst part.
Glad you're not in pain! I was never in a great deal of pain, just the stiffness getting up and down from the bed or sofa. Once I got going I was fine. Make sure that you don't do too much because that can cause excess swelling and delay your healing. Good luck!
Thank you. I'm trying to take it easy. I just took a shower, now washing my garments feels so weird to not have them on.
I feel the same way without my garment. My PS told me only quick luke warm showers so the heat doesn't make me swell up like a balloon, but I think I would take a quick shower anyway due to the weird feeling in my abdomen.

Photos 24 hours after my procedure...

Swollen but I can already see results!

Photo 24 hours after

Photos 24 hours after

Disappointed and discouraged.

I noticed a bump on my stomach, to the left of my naval. Its hard and hurts. My stomach looks uneven. I'm so disappointed almost ready to cry. My stomach is very swollen. Becoming depressed because I can't workout. I took my pug for a short walk today, she kept pulling me to walk faster because I couldn't keep up. To top it off I have irritation and blisters from the garment.
You really need to call your PS about your garment. It should not be giving you blisters! Also, I am hugely swollen and my PS told me that I am doing great and this is normal for this far out (I'm a few days farther out than you). I was shocked when they measured my waist today and I was 36 inches! I was about 28 before surgery. I went for a walk with my husband and my dogs after dinner tonight and now my back is killing me! But, I felt bad because I haven't been able to walk them since my surgery. One of my dogs is a lab/golden mix and it hurts too much to have her pull on me. You really just need a better fitting garment and to rest. Make up for not being able to work out by keeping a close eye on your calories. Sorry you are feeling so awful, I have had a lot of those moments since my procedure too.
Thank you. The nurse said to cut off the top of the garment, the lace area with rubber backing is what's causing the irritation. I've been wrapping the area with an ace bandage then putting the garment over. She said I could switch to the stage 2 garment today if it was really bothering me but they prefer me to stay in the stage 1 for 10 days. I've been taking it off when I get home from work and relaxing on the couch. I don't even want to know what my waist size is. Is your stomach uneven? My dog is only about 18 lbs, she doesn't normally pull but she's so used to speed walking. When I told her to stop pulling she slows down but instinctively wants to speed up. I think I created a walking monster lol. I feel bad for her.
My stomach is not uneven (at least yet) but it's still pretty swollen and hard. My hips, like across my back, you can see the swelling in a line across it! I got my garment yesterday, I'm still so swollen at 10 days the nurse says I'm not ready for a Stage 2, and I am so much more comfortable (though not totally comfortable) than I was wrapped in foam and a compression bandage. I pretty much slept through the night and that's the first time in a week! The nurse put me in this yesterday and I'm home alone and scared to take a shower and try to put it back on. I think I will wash my hair in the sink and just let it go for a day. Glad you are feeling better.

One Week!

Not sure how I feel about the surgery and my progress this far? I'm still in pain, its very hard to transition from sitting to standing, very hard to get out of my car, uncomfortable to drive, etc. I keep feeling random pulls coming from my groin area. My stomach is hard and lumpy. I have some bruising but not as bad as I thought I would. The office gave me arnica tablets that I let dissolve under my tongue and I bought arnica cream to massage on my stomach. In my one week pictures I feel as though my stomach is as chubby as I was before the surgery.
Hi! I think feeling discouraged at this point is normal. At one week I still couldn't button up my pre-op jeans. Now I'm 12 days out and can wear my jeans (over my garment), but am not noticeably smaller than before my procedure. My PS says two weeks until swelling starts to go down. Keep positive healing is a slow process.
Thank you! I wore jeans for the first time yesterday over my stage 1 garment. he jeans were big on me pre-op and sit low so they didn't bother me. My stage 2 garment doesn't fit, they ordered the wrong size- x-small. I called them about it. They told me to bring it to my post-op appointment Wednesday so they can confirm and then order me the next size up. Maybe they were wishful thinking that my waist was going to shrink that much. I feel better today than I have all week. I weighed-in this morning at WW and I'm up 3 lbs but I know that's bloating. I hope this bloating goes away soon. How are you feeling?
I feel better and better each day. Decided to start measuring my waist so I could tell how my swelling was doing. Last night I was 36 in., this morning 34, and now I'm a little over 35. We'll see tomorrow. I plan to do it twice a day for a while so I could see just when this welling starts to go away. I like the shape of my abs, they are just swollen and hard so I can't wait for them to shrink!

Went back to the gym today!

Today was the first day I worked out since surgery. It was uncomfortable to say the least especially with the garment on. I walked for 46 minutes on the treadmill at a pace of 3.0-3.5 miles per hour. I usually walk much faster and at incline. It got easier as the time went on but I didn't want to push myself. Tomorrow I'm going to try to go faster and maybe some light weight training.
I was thinking to start back at yoga next week.
I can't wait to do yoga again. The nurse told me to wait until my incisions are completely healed to avoid infection since I do hot yoga.

Gym again!

I was able to increase my intensity up to 4.2 mph with 1% incline. I feel so much better now that I can workout again. I actually missed it, never in a million years did I think I would say that. Tomorrow I have my post-op I'm hoping they having some suggestions for my lumpy bumpy stomach. The bump near my naval is harder than ever. Unfortunately, I'm still not able to wear my work clothes (dress pants) yet, they are tight and uncomfortable. I hope I can fit into them soon I don't know how long my boss will continue to allow me to wear yoga pants to work.
You look amazing and hardly look like you had a TT at all. Did you even need one lol! I could see why you could exercise so quickly bc you appear to be already skinny when having the surgery which is a huge advantage when recovering. Good luck to you! You look awesome !
Thank you. I didn't have TT just smart lipo. Still weird to be referred to as skinny because I was overweight most of my life. I guess I was skinny before my surgery but my stomach was proportioned to the rest of my body so I wanted it gone.

Post-Op Appointment

I had my post-op appointment today went well. I shocked when I got on the scale, I weigh 132.8, down since Sunday and I that was a morning weight. The nurse said my incisions are healing nicely. The bumps are scale tissue and to massage my stomach twice a day. I scheduled my 1st of 2 Venus Freeze treatments for November, she said that will also help with the bumps. Feeling much better about this. No pain, just minor discomfort if I move from sitting too long.
Wow!!! That's what I want!
What?
Hi. I had my procedure done, upper and lower abs and flanks in Woburn yesterday, too. So far so good. I feel good, just sore. I know I won't be seeing any results for a while, but I'm glad I got it over with. Just can't wait to have no muffin top.

Week 2 photos

Feeling great! Can't wait for the swelling to be fully gone.
I'm glad you're feeling good and you look great!
Thank you. Very bloated today. :(

Just keeps getting better and better!

Everyday I seem to wake up smaller and smaller. Don't get me wrong my belly still bloated, especially from the side view. My size 4 pants that fit perfect before the surgery, then couldn't wear after the surgery due to bloating, are now falling off of me! I'm psyched to be a size 2, I won't go shopping just yet but the thought makes me super happy. I weighed myself last night, 130.2 so down over 2 lbs since my post-op appointment the week prior. I'm hoping to get down to 123 lbs when this is all said and done. That will give me a total of 51 lbs lost overall. I should mention that in addition to the surgery, I have been working out 5-6 days per week and eating approximately 26-29 points per day. I will take and post my weekly pictures Saturday.
Glad you're feeling good!
Thank you! :)
Looking GREAT!!!

Couldn't wait to post these!

I know I said I was going to take new pictures Saturday but I felt so good after the gym I thought why not snap a couple. I can see a big difference with my side view.
You're looking great!
Thanks. How are you?

Week 3 photos

Sorry for the delay in posting these. I feel like my progress has stalled a bit. I hate the stage 2 garment, it's so tight.
Buy something comfortable to wear. I have a Marena that I like and I'm going to try Spanx that come up to my bra line. You look good!
Hello. I have Merena LGA2 garments, in tan and black. They came with my package. The more I wear them the more comfortable they are getting. I have a short torso, I think that's part of the issue because they come up to my rib cage. I wanted a garment that just covered my stomach/waist area (no crouch) but they seem to be nonexistent. I still wear the stage 1 garment when I workout because these are just too tight. I hadn't worn it all weekend and I was shocked yesterday at how big it was on me. I don't feel much smaller but I guess I am.

Bought size 2 jeans and dress pants!

I still feel like my progress has stalled. My stomach is still lumpy and hard in spots. I bought size 2 jeans this weekend from A&E Artist style, the skinny were too tight so I didn't buy those yet but I hope to soon. I also bought size 2 dress pants from NY&Co, I know NY&Co runs big but still feels good. This morning I put on pants that I wore last week and they are so big... still wearing them lol.
You look good! Keep reminding yourself that it's only been a month and it will be several months until you see the final results. (I keep telling myself this)
That's exactly what I keep saying. I am patiently awaiting the 3 month mark!
Where did you buy your arnica cream? I want to get some. Are the bumps gone now or are you still working on them? I was considering getting lipo at the same time I get my breast done but I'm scared!

5 weeks post surgery

Still swollen, lumpy, bumpy and numb.
You look great!!!  I just had a revision on my abs and I'm lumpy too.  It's only been 1.5 weeks for me is it's a long ways to go.  Skin tightening and new collagen my take 6 months or longer.  We just gotta be patient.  Keep massing for at least another 2 months.  It took 3 months for the lumps on my inner thighs to disappear. Hope this helps.
Thank you! 6 weeks post and counting. I can't wait to be fully healed.

2 months post procedure

Today marks the 2 month mark since I had my procedure. According to the emails I get from doctor's office I should be seeing 50%-60% of my results. At this point I'm not very satisfied. I don't see much of a difference.
Can you see a difference in how your clothes fit?
No, not really. How are you feeling?
I am feeling better. Still have swelling and numbness in my lower back and hips. Been working out with a trainer three times a week and dieting. I've lost about 10 pounds can see a big difference in how my clothes fit.

Changed my opinion from Not Sure to Not Worth It!

Almost 10 weeks after my surgery and I have come to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the money I spent. I followed all the doctor's rules and suggestions and I really don't see much of a difference. I wear the compression garment all day and most nights even though it hurt my back. I workout 5 days a week- 45 minutes to 1 hour of cardio plus light strength training. I eat fairly healthy, I follow the WW program. I'm a healthy weight, 130 lbs, so I'm not trying to lose weight I just wanted my stomach gone. I had realistic expectations, I thought the fat would be gone and I would be left with a little extra skin but that's not the case, I can still squeeze my stomach into a "donut". I have a followup in January I will be sure to voice my concerns at that time. Very disappointed!
It's too soon to tell. You look flat to me. Since you didn't have a huge gut the swelling will hide results for a few more weeks. Hang in there !!
Im about a week and a half out and I'm not sure it was really worth it either.... i feel like i look exactly the same but with scars now :(
It took 8 months before I noticed how small my legs had gotten. 6 weeks post op is only 1/3 of the way at most!! If you need a touch up you'll know at about the 6 month mark

14 weeks post surgery

Still no noticeable difference in my stomach. I'm very disappointed. I'm going to voice my concerns at my 3 month post-op appointment Wednesday.

3 Month Post-Op Appointment

I had my 3 month post-op appointment yesterday. I voiced my concerns about the unevenness, bumps and lack of results. The technician said the bumps are scare tissue but the main area I'm concerned with is extra skin (around and above my naval). I completely disagree. I have some extra skin from losing weight but not much. It seems like the doctor missed that area completely. She said my 6 month appointment will be with the doctor, he will determine if I need another surgery. Not a happy customer!
Sorry you're not happy. Hopefully, things will get better by the six month mark.
I have a bit of loose skin around the belly button too, so does a friend...theres something about that area they seem to miss...I don't know... mines is flatter than before but would not prefer the loose skin either... you look amazing by the way, don't fret
I had the same concern at my 3 month. You know when an area was missed. I just had a revision on Monday which was my 8 month mark.

6 Month Post-Op Scheduled

Scheduled my 6 month post op for 3/13. I finally get to see the doctor again. I'm still not happy with my results. It looks as though he missed my upper abs area, there's a large band of fat there that sticks out more than my lower abs. Most of the bumps are gone.
Good luck!
Will your second surgery be free if you get it redone?
I hope so but I won't know until my follow-up appointment next week.

6 month post-op follow-up today

Today is my 6 month post-op follow-up. Wish me luck!

Revision scheduled 4/12

Met with the plastic surgeon today he said the area I'm concerned with is mostly lose skin. I disagree. He's going to do a revision free of charge, I only have to pay for the garment and the medication.
i wish i had your doctor
Why?
The doc that did me would never do a free revision

Before and After Comparison

Revision tomorrow!

Excited and nervous for my revision tomorrow! I'm anxious to get the rest of my chub off and hope my stomach looks smoother.
How did your surgery go??
Thinking of you today - hope yours is a wonderful outcome.
Thank you!

Revision Complete

I had a revision on my upper abs done yesterday; the recovery is definitely easier this time, minimal draining. Yesterday I was walking around like normal. Today I'm in a bit more pain but nothing compared to the first time. I'm very swollen. The doctor was great, very friendly. I was worried because the revision was free he was going to treat me differently. He used the same incisions, but only two, as the first time to minimize scaring.
You look fantastic already.
Thank you.

One week post revision

The healing process is definitely easier the second time around probably because he only did my upper abdomen. I didn't have much drainage. I forgot how much your entire body swells though. My legs were so swollen on Tuesday and Wednesday. Feeling much better today. I'm able to wear jeans already (loose size 4s) , last time it was a couple of weeks before I could. I've taken a few leisurely walks. I might try the gym tomorrow. I have my post op appointment Wednesday. I finally found out how much fat they took out during my procedure, 425 ccs initially and 75 on the revision. That doesn't seem like much to me.
After the revision are you happy with your results now? Was it worth or not? I hope so ;) I think you look great!!! Happy Healing.
For what it's worth I think you look great, but then you looked great before you got any lipo too. Please don't take this the wrong way, because I mean it to be helpful, but I think you've looked at yourself so much you can't be objective anymore. Anyone who studies an area of their body can find imperfections, we're not magazine models who have photoshop on hand. You look great, you really do. I'm much older than you, and in a lot worse shape lol, so humour me with some advice huh? Put down the iPhone, step away from the mirror and go out and enjoy yourself. I'm sure you do already but I'm meaning go out and have a good life and forget about something no one else would ever notice, you're young and you have your looks and good health, please don't risk that in the search for perfection, which only exists in Vogue and after a lot of digital trickery. Best wishes.
Hope this time you get the results you want. Best of luck and thank you for the updates!
John Frattore, MD

Dr. Fattore was very nice and answered my questions. My only gripe is that I paid all that money and I only met with him for the post-op and the procedure. Every other appointment has been with Jillian.