So Worth It! - Wichita, KS

As a small person with 28G boobs, my breasts...

As a small person with 28G boobs, my breasts completely overwhelmed me. I decided to get a reduction when I was 17. I went in for a consultation then waited for input from my insurance. I waited a very long time and still hadn't heard anything from my insurance. Apparently it had been approved a long time ago but I wasn't informed. So I went in for the actual procedure. They took out 3 pounds of breast tissue, which put me at a D - DD. It felt like a weight had been lifted off of my chest. (literally.) It was so much easier to find bras, clothes, swimsuits, and actual exercise was possible again! I lost 25lbs after the surgery just because it was easier to move around. There were a few downsides, I was very sick after the surgery. The pain medication made me nauseous. I couldn't even eat saltine crackers without throwing up. That lasted about a week. The first few days, I needed help sitting up after laying down. I had drains in that leaked which was pretty disgusting. The period after surgery that I couldn't shower also grossed me out. I had purchased some dry shampoo which made me feel a little better. I lost feeling in my nipples, but now a year later it is starting to come back. Dr.Shaw did a great job with stitches and my scarring was minimal. I had little pink/white lines. I have had one Fraxel treatment and now they are hardly visible. I plan on getting one more Fraxel.

Welcome, Elle!
28G is amazing! I'm so glad you were able to do this for yourself! How long ago did you have your surgery?
November 2010

Welcome to RealSelf and thanks for sharing your story. What an amazing feeling to be able to exercise and lose all of that weight. Your entire experience snow-balled into a great new you. How long did it take for insurance to get back to you?

Last week, I had another Fraxel treatment for the...

Last week, I had another Fraxel treatment for the scarring. It is still healing. I will update again when the results are more clear.
How much it cost you, I mean the entire surgery.
Sounds like you Are doing very well. I'm happy for you!!!
Wichita Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Shaw did a great job. He made breast reduction as quick and comfortable as possible. He left very minimal scarring.