Restylane in Cheeks...love It! - Wisconsin

Had restylane injected in my cheeks yesterday to...

Had restylane injected in my cheeks yesterday to correct loss of volume. I've used Juvederm and Perlane in the past with wonderful results as well for NL's, but this is the first time I've had my cheeks done. What most people don't realize is that the NL's are caused by loss of cheek volume, more or less your face is falling in on itself because it has nothing to hold it up any more, hence the reason you get those dreaded NL's. So I figured why not treat the source and see what happens. It's been almost 24 hours since my cheeks were injected and immediately after I loved the results!

Almost 24 hours later, still loving! The amount of bruising and swelling is nearly non-existant, I seriously could have went out on the town right after wards and no one would have been the wiser. I think the technique of the injector makes all the difference. I had 2 syringes: 3/4 in one cheek and 1 1/4 in the other and it looks fabulous ($300 per syringe)! Smooth, natural and even lessened my NL's so they are not so obvious.

The doctor I went to is one of the best in Southeast Wisconsin and he did an excellent job...most of these bad reviews for restylane are due to people using poor injectors or not waiting long enough for bruising and swelling to go down, especially in a sensitive area such as under the eyes. I try to like RealSelf and I do, but many of these negatives products get are due to people over-reacting before they give the product time to settle in and swelling/bruising to go away which can take a few weeks and of course, people are more willing to cry foul than to say something positive. Not to discredit those that have had legitimate bad experiences...I know bad things do happen.

Anyway, the longevity of restylane has yet to be seen. I have heard it doesn't last as long as other fillers, but with Juvederm, I've had results over a year...so perhaps this will last long with me as well.

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr C is a face specialist...that's all he does which is one of the reasons I went to him in the first place. He is very professional and knowledgeable and I would recommend him highly.

Hi dolphins21,

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you had a great experience. I imagine have a good, experienced surgeon makes all the difference. Do you have any pictures the community loves seeing great results. Please keep us updated and welcome to the community.

Thanks,