6 Years out and Still Better Than 20/20! - Appleton, WI

I was very, very nearsighted with terrible...

I was very, very nearsighted with terrible astigmatism in both eyes. I literally oculd not see my hand in front of my face. I had to put my glasses on to read my alarm clock 6 inches from my nose. My glasses were sooooo expensive (sometimes upwards of $500 a pair) and I needed new ones twice a year. I decided to have bladeless LASIK in 2004.

I am a pharmacist, and I noticed I was filling lots of premed Rxs for my patients from one particular surgeon. Upwards of 15 people sang his praises up and down and I went to see him on a whim one afternoon. I was very impressed with the office and staff. I was given very throrough instructions and was completely prepared for the surgery. I was not anxious, the whole procedure took about 10 minutes and my vision was better immediately (although a little blurry at the edges...like a dream sequence).

I had minimal discomfort, and was watching TV less than 3 hours after the procedure. The dry eye issue was minor and resolved after about 3 months. I have not needed lubricating eye drops for years. I had 2 full term pregnancies and had no visual changes (something I was worried about with glasses/contacts).

This procedure was worth every penny. Never missed a day of work and was 20/15 in both eyes a month postop...still am!

Avery Alexander

The staff were all very educated and helpful. Dr. A has a gentle manner and explains things completely. He has his own surgery center which makes the whole process seamless!