Gastric Bypass Does Not Work for Some People: Be Aware of That - Wisconsin

I have dieted all of my life but have always been...

I have dieted all of my life but have always been heavy. Since Jan of 2011 been fighting to get my insurance to approve the surgery and have traveled 2 hours each way to monthly appointments & have done over and above what was asked to get the surgery approved. After all of that, surgery was finally approved.

Had surgery Nov 16th of 2011 and it is now Jan 2nd of 2011 and guess what I have lost....10 pounds. The only reason I have lost 10 pounds is because I go to the gym 3...count em...THREE hours a day and burn 1,000 calories a visit.

All I have to show for that surgery is a HUGE ulcer that leaves me in tears sometimes and vitamin deficiency. There's so much hype involved in this surgery and 9 times out of 10 people only hear the MAGICAL stories but in reality, before you get this surgery, google people who haven't had results or who have gained it back later.

If you haven't seriously tried to work out faithfully or dieted try that first, I would never recommend this surgery to anyone after this experience and there are TONS of people out there like me... I just wish I knew that before I had the Roux-en-y.

Nothing to show for the painful surgery but heartache, depression, medical problems, and more medicines/vitamins than I've ever had to take in my life.

Dean Care

Dean Care is a horrible program and I have tried to switch HMO providers more than once but after I couldn't find another who would take my insurance, stayed with them. They are rude, inefficient, and I have had multiple problems with them. (Accidental cancellations, confusing information, etc.) According to others I have conversed with in waiting rooms or in appointments, I am not the first to say that about their program. Aurora in Milwaukee is another viable option and I would RUN to them if I had a chance to do it all over again.