Satisfied with Results, Scheduled Second Round - Wisconsin

Like most people, I chose CoolSculpting to get rid...

Like most people, I chose CoolSculpting to get rid of fat deposits on my lower abdomen and love handles which were persistent despite weight loss. Specifically, I chose this over other procedures because I could not afford to take the time off work for a procedure and I wanted to do something very discreet. I was in the process of getting a divorce and I did not want my family (esp ex-husband) and friends to know I was having a cosmetic procedure done. CoolSculpting offered me the opportunity to reduce fat permanently without taking any time off work or revealing to anyone that I had "had work done".

My first Zeltiq treatments were done about 6 months ago. I had each side of my waist (love handles) treated and my lower abdomen was treated on both sides. I have since learned that many people have a single large applicator to the lower abdomen, but I was not offered this option. I paid $525 for each area that was treated, thus it was $2100 to treat my love handles and lower abdomen.

It was a rather long day, considering each treatment took an hour. I got sick and lightheaded at the beginning of the fourth treatment. I believe this was because I did not have anything to eat during this long period and being hungry, combined with the moderate pain and the intensity of the treatment was a little overwhelming. Once I ate something, I recovered. I found the treatments were uncomfortable, especially in the first ten minutes and for about 15 min after the device was removed. But they were tolerable. I will premedicate with 800 mg ibuprofen before I do it again. During most of the treatment process, it was minimally uncomfortable. Afterward, the treated areas stung for about 2-3 days and my skin had numb areas for about 2-3 weeks but all of this completely resolved.

I was in the process of losing weight (10 lbs from goal, 70 lb total loss) when I had Zeltiq, so that makes it a little harder to assess how good the results were. But I honestly believe that it made a significant and noticeable difference. I am at my goal weight now and my abdomen is flatter than in the past at this weight. I can also feel a difference in the fullness/density of the fat when I pinch the skin of the treated areas compared to similar untreated areas on my back. That tells me it worked. (I wish they'd done skin caliper measurements or something). I still have some fat there (I am 43 and have had 4 kids and gained and lost 70 lbs, so that is to be expected) but I am very happy with the results. In fact, I have purchased a two-piece bathing suit to wear this summer!

I am scheduled to have another round of Zeltiq next week. This time I am having my upper arms treated and my back waist area. I am also considering one more treatment to the lower abdomen. I will probably do it if I can stand to undergo 6 treatments in one day. I believe Zeltiq has met my expectations and is a good means of reducing stubborn fat deposits in areas that are resistant to weight loss. The estimate of 25% reduction seems about correct to me.

I will add that I actually lost about 5 lbs more awhile back, but decided to put it back on again and to have the Zeltiq repeated instead. That may sound crazy, and I don't mean that Zeltiq is a substitute for weight loss. But getting even thinner was not resulting in the stubborn fat deposits going away. Instead, it took too much away from the places I wanted "curves". My breasts became too thin and "empty" and my buttocks became very flat and even a little "saggy". By putting five pounds back on, I have some shape back (now 5'2" and 125 lbs). My expectation is that the Zeltiq will help achieve localized fat reduction in areas I want to reduce without having to lose all of my desirable curves.

I will post an update after I have the procedure repeated and will share photos if I am able.

Forever Young Skincare Clinic

The treatments were administered by a nurse, not an MD, which was fine with me. She was very courteous and professional and the procedure itself was not rocket science. The facility was very nice and accommodating. The only thing that might have been lacking was a "call button" in the room to get help if needed. Seems like they might have told me they had one, but when I was feeling sick and nauseated, I could not find it. Overall though, I was quite satisfied and will be going back. They offer specials as well, so be sure to ask if they're running any promotions when you call.