Help! Is This Normal? - Wisconsin, WI

I got my BA done 2 days ago on August 1, 2013. I...

I got my BA done 2 days ago on August 1, 2013. I started as a 32A and I just wanted to go to a full B. I'm 5' 5" and 125 lbs I got 280 cc silicone implants. Right now I am wearing the surgical bra, but my breasts feel very hard and far apart. I really dont have any cleavage post BA, and it almost feels like my implants are closer to my armpit than the center of my chest. I wasn't bandaged or given a band post surgery, just the ugly surgical bra. Is this normal? Will they move away from my armpits as they drop?? I have my first post op on August 5th, so I plan on asking there too. I know it takes breasts awhile to settle in their new homes, but I'm not sure if this is normal to have them so far apart.

Hi Waterlily, just thought I'd check in to see if you've noticed any further dropping and fluffing? Feel free to post updated photos. Hope you are doing well!

OMG same story. had mine done yesterday... had 34A before, 5"6, 122 lbs. - and my post pic looks very similar to yours, perhaps a little larger due to the size of my implants (325 cc silicone) - Also in surgical bra, also pointing more towards armpits, etc.. PS says everything is fine. I am feeling so swollen, like my chest may explode.
Hi! I am almost a week post op and feeling great! I even went sailing on Tuesday. Mine still feel hard but everyday the look better. My PS recommended that anytime I am home to go braless and let gravity do its work. My breasts aren't as swollen and don't feel like they are in my armpit as much (part of that feeling is not being used to boobs). I have zero pain but my skin still feels a little tight. Keep me updated on how you are feeling!!! Ps I agree with one of these comment: breast implants don't give you cleavage, a good bra will. I naturally have a more bowed or round chest wall too which makes a difference. It's true that time is the real factor here. Hope you recover well! Feel free to msg me.
I also had mine done in the Milwaukee area ~3 weeks ago, went from a 32A to a B. I had a follow-up appointment today and everything seems to be proportionate to my body type (5' 4" 101#) . My surgeon was very pleased with how natural everything looked...not too big, not too small and minimal scarring. I'm also pleased with how things look so far. He said preoperatively that the cleavage is base on our anatomy (i.e. width of sternum, rib cage shape, etc.) and size of the implant- bigger obviously creates more cleavage; however, doesn't always look natural if that's important to you. There are a lot of changes that occur in the first 10 days or so. I cont. to wear the surgical bra 24/7 and just stopped wearing the strap last week as it seemed to keep everything feeling more secure~ especially at night. I hope your surgeon put your concerns to rest during your follow up appointment. Take care.

I agree with the community. You still have a lot of dropping and fluffing to do. This can take up to 3 months so try to be patient. (Easier said than done.) I have also heard many doctors say that natural looking breasts may not always give you a ton of cleavage...your bras can help dress them up a bit. Also, cleavage often depends upon your pre op shape. Happy healing and please keep us posted!

I think you are just swollen and they will move more as the swelling goes down. Also my plastic surgeon said to me many women come to my office looking for cleavage. He said implants do not give you cleavage a good bra gives you cleavage.

I had mine done on 7/30, 350cc silicone, gummy, under muscle with an lift. My 20 year old implants removed, were above muscle. When I unwrapped 48 hours out I could not believe how small I looked. Is there hope ?. I wanted to go 34C to D, I look like a B.

Identical story....Wow "disappointed boobs" I got same cc 349 and was very disappointed yesterday at my 1-day post op. :-( However today seems better when i took my first shower and I can see the volume. I've been reading about patience so perhaps that's what we can count on. I was thinking that I did all this for nothing! I hope we both see the results we hoped for soon. Good luck!
I am booked in for a BA in October. I will be getting mentor implants. I have just read some really bad things about them leaking and people having to get them removed etc. beginning to have second thoughts. Any advice???
My BA was the 1st of Aug too! Mine are also still very hard and far apart, I'm only using my surgical bra too for the next 8 weeks. My surgeon said they are exactly where they should be and will move closer together as they drop :)
I just got my surgery done on the July 25th! I went from a 32A/B and desire a full C. I got 375 cc under the muscle and I am 5'1" and 103lbs. My skin is still very tight and hard as you describe it. Mine are closer together however, but that is because my implants are bigger. I also specifically told my PS that I wanted a nice cleavage. At your post-op appt tomorrow make sure you ask your PS when and how you should start massaging them. This will help your implants drop and feel and look their most natural. Mine are sitting about an inch below my collar bone right now. I was told I can slowly massage them now (as long as it does NOT hurt me), but on Aug 26th they will show me how to actually start massaging them (once my breasts have healed more). There is nothing to worry about! Mine still look a little crazy right now, but everyday since surgery it has gotten better. It will just take time... And patience! ;) Oh! Before my surgery I also bought a book for my boyfriend and I to read called, Football and Boobs "His Playbook for Her Breast Implants". I learned a whole lot from that book and it helped my boyfriend and I be prepared for all of my recovery! It seems your PS didn't do a good enough job in explaining how your breasts will look and feel after your surgery. What your feeling and seeing is totally normal and it will just get increasingly better everyday! The first 2 days are the worst! :) Good luck with everything!
Great book suggestion, I am going to check that out, dtay! We had our ba on the same day! Happy healing xo
Yes, it has really useful tips and information that made me less nervous before the surgery and be prepared for what my body will go through during the stages of recovery. It is geared more towards men whose wife/girlfriend is getting a BA, but I found it just as useful as my boyfriend did. I hope your healing is going well! I feel pretty much back to normal with the exception of my skin tightness. It's just so hard to be patient as the implants drop and settle! I can't wait! ;)
Do they take a lot of blood and urine to see if u are Pergo ?
My PS took no blood/urine samples to test for pregnancy. If you are worried you could be pregnant then you should take a pregnancy test before your surgery. It is not good to be put to sleep while pregnant..
It's WAY WAY to soon to worry especially if this is your 1st BA. Trust me, I've had a few exchanges /revisions. I think all of the ladies who have been there/done that will agree. I am the most INPATIENT person around & when you're recovering, waiting, thinking, rethinking, starring at yourself, etc its hard to be patient. But trust me when I say, you won't regret your decision once they fall into place. The only regret you MAY have is "I should have gone bigger" lol ;) you will be fine...hang in there!
Swelling does do strange things! On the second day I unzipped my sports bra, had a good laugh, and zipped it back up again with the decision to give it some time. A talk with your PS will probably help.
Hope you are feeling back to normal!
They look fine in this picture. Your breasts will change over the next couple of months. I wouldn't think that a B cup would achieve much cleavage without a push-up bra.