"PURPOSELY" Blistered/HORRIFIC burns/permanent scars w/ laser that can't Be Fixed - Winter Park, FL

I had a mini neck lift left with very obvious...

11/09/12 Kristin Occhiogrosso, Dr. Rotatori. I had a mini neck lift left with very obvious scarring and Dr. Rotatori hesitantly did steriod injections.I went to 2 doctors that said scarring was unacceptable I needed to go back to surgeon and have laser. I did and he had his PA Kristin Occhiogrosso perform which she wasn't HAPPY ABOUT AND MADE SURE I KNEW IT WAS compliment OF her..not DR Rototari. I requested at MY expense to have some sunspots removed which she said $150. and make sure to schedule extra time at each visit (WHICH I DID). Each time Kristin was behind and had attitude and couldn't fit in extras. On 2nd visit she rudely did them...on 3rd visit she forgot and when i reminded her..she became NURSE HATCHER..NEVER put on PROTECTIVE GOGGLES on my eyes and AGGRESSIVELY WENT OVER MY FACE w/ laser..I could feel burning. (not in areas to be worked on. She said..oops..you are gonna have a black eye and handed me a baggy of water left from last patient. She abruptly left room and brought small eye ice pack. I left upset and Within 30 minutes I had a blister the size of a dime. I called immediately and they blew me off. I showed up in 2 days with black eye in am and 2 blisters they refunded money and said come back. to see Kristen....Kristen admitted she was having a bad day handed me scar cream and sent me on. I then went back to Dr Rotatori and he took a pic and didn't want to hear my story. THERE IS NO DOUBT this WAS on PURPOSE!!! SHE WAS MAD..ALMOST LIKE A TATOO ARTIST MAD AND PURPOSELY messes tattoo up. Unfortunately mine cant be fixed..there was nothing there to be lasered in that area and I have a huge pitted white scar that cant be covered in an obvious area. I sent net Dr. Rotatori a certified letter w/ pictures and NEVER GOT response. i am turning them both in to Medical Quality assurance. SHE SHOULD NOT be PRACTICING..SHE IS A TEACHER OF THS LASER. You will be shocked at picures. Here they are.

Orlando Plastic Surgeon

WORST EXPERIENCE IVE EVER HAD...A PLASTIC SURGEON IS TO ENHANCE YOUR LOOKS. HE and Kristin WERE NEGLIGENT/CARELESS. HIS PA Kristin Intentionally and purposely BURNED me because was mad she was running behind and forgot to do some areas and burned me in areas that were NOT to be worked on. When I reminded her she became ANGRY and AGRESSIVE !! I've always FELT LIKE A NUMBER # in his office. They do the Procedure and then NO FOLLOW UP..NO INSTRUCTIONS ... I SENT HIM A CERTIFIED LETTER and PICTURES of my burns because he refused to listen to what Kristin Ochiogrosso his PA "INTENTIONALLY" did to me when I went to see him. He Authorized her to do laser for scarring and is ultimately responsible for his PA that works under him. She should not be practicing or teaching this laser. HE NEVER responded to letter. I am going to another doctor since the other 2 opinions said pigment is gone and going to keep getting whiter and worse.(its been a year) I am seeking a doctor that specializes in burns and scar revisions ( maybe able to tattoo color back in but highly unlikely as it cant be covered). I am filing formal complaint on negligence on both Pa and Surgeon and will utilize any other avenue I have to report Kristin. My sister used Dr Clark and when he or she wasn't happy with anything of her procedures he did whatever it took for the best results and is still tweaking her after over 2 years later..AT NO COST.. Thats how it should be...I should have learn from 1st bad experience with his poor judgement on his part w/ 2 other scars im living with that cant be corrected (and tried to revise)due to lack of skill and judgment. Surgeons and Doctors that have seen my pictures wouldn't have believed it until they saw pictures.

I hear Dr. Rototari is good at that. I would not suggest him for faces. I hear he does well at eyes. I was in waiting room one day and a lady there was not happy with her neck lift he did. I have bad scars from my neck lift he did ..that is why he had Kristin lasering them to soften them as they are noticeable and I was paying her extra to do some sun spots while there. That's how I started seeing Kristin. All doctors have what they are good at. I felt confident with Kristin because she was a PA and a trainer on this laser. I believe she is skilled but her personality in that type of environment where you are working on peoples face is not good. Its kinda like the highly skilled tattoo artist..if he gets an attitude or mad at you he can add something to your tattoo or mess it up. Doesn't mean he wasn't a good tattoo artist..But people that can be vindictive should not work in those types of profession where they are risking peoples looks and doing permanent work. Doctor Clark did my sister tummy tuck and it looks amazing! He did a great job on hers. Best of Luck!
I’ve been a patient at Dr. Rotatori’s office now for two years and after reading your review I can’t even believe or imagine Dr. Rotatori and his Staff treating you with such disregard and lack of professionalism as you stated . With as many patients as he has treated over the years and with all his experience he would never want a one of his patient to suffer or not be completely satisfied with their results. I’ve been seeing Kristin Occhiogrosso for two years . When I go in for my Botox appointments she’ll always spend a few minutes chatting to catch up with you ..... at the same time she’s carefully watching your facial expressions so she knows where you’ll benefit the most from the Botox injections . She has always been lovely and I’ve been very happy with my results . I recently had a Pearl Fractional with Kristin Occhiogrosso PA , from the time the appointment was made the office was in constant contact with me with pre-op instructions . The day of the procedure could not have gone smoother . Their Nurse Karen was so attentive making sure I was completely comfortable by carefully monitoring my pain meds and prepping me for the procedure . Both the PA Kristin and the Nurse Karen followed careful protocol from the time I entered the room . It was over a two hour procedure that the PA Kristin had to carefully and very precisely hit my face and neck with the Laser . I received phone calls both day and night checking on my recovery . I’ve been in the office for two post op check ups and both times Kristin has been there checking on me and making sure my skin is healing properly .Following their post-op instructions is so important for your recovery . She’s listened carefully and always answered all my questions . I could not be more pleased with my results and it will only get better . I have always had a positive experience from the minute I walk into his office the girls at the desk are lovely . Debbie the most fabulous esthetician ! She keeps my skin glowing . Karen the Nurse takes care of all the details and is so caring . Kristin the PA so professional and very knowledgable and I trust her with my face .
"Following their post-op instructions is so important for your recovery " I don't see how your experience and in particular that comment has anything to do with the OP's experience. It seems mainly like you are just trying to discredit her, but her pictures don't lie.
Lady, the photos don't lie. Your experience is your experience. Don't dismiss hers because you had such an obviously different one with the same people.
I never had a pleasant experience with Kristin...not even the 1st appointment as she made sure to let me know it was her doing a compliment laser NOT Dr. Rototari. My pictures and scars do not lie. There is not a doubt in my mind it was on purpose as there is no other explanation as this would never happen if she claims to be a trainer in this particular laser and would know better than to let this happen. She never covered my eyes to protect them and afterwards hands me a USED baggy of water from last patient of melted ice. Really!!! Keep in mind it was just not horrible blistering but a black eye as well. Every doctor that has seen my scar and the pictures cant believe a surgeon would not respond to the complaint and cant believe this was a PA and trainer. There was absolutely no excuse for this to happen regardless if she was having a bad day as she stated she was. I am going to a Doctor that specializes in laser to try to minimize scars as they are getting worse and whiter. Kristin and Dr. Rototari really need to be accountable...its a shame I never got a follow up call after blistering or even a response from Dr. Rototari after certified letter and pictures. No Excuse !
What laser are you trying? Best of luck!!
Pictures don't lie. I will post more pictures when I get a chance as scar is deeper and whiter as time has gone by. There is no other excuse accept for carelessness and negligence for this to have happened. Keep in mind..the blister/scar is in an area NOTHING was to be worked on. Kristin never put protective glasses on me and I could see her running the laser across my face (never turning laser off) from above lip area to cheek to under eye. She is a trainer. There is no excuse for this to have happened. To get blistering that deep and large took aggressive lasering. This should have NEVER happened. The day it happened she gave me a baggy of water from last patient and told me to place near eye as I was going to have a black eye. Within 20 minutes of leaving I had 2 blisters formed ..one the size of a dime. (not in area that was to be worked on) I actually still have the small sun spot she was to be lasering as well as a large white pit above my lip and white scar on cheek from other blister. Inexcusable for a PA and trainer!!
The post op instructions she gave me were a used bottle of biocorem ( had been opened) and said once it healed it use this and it should be fine and took a picture of it. It doesn't look fine and the office refuses to look at the scar since even after me sending pictures certified to Dr. Rototari. Kristen was negligent...the facts are the facts and the pictures are the pictures. I have a large scar from aggressive lasering in an area that she was not to be working on. No other excuse.
You are correct...The photos don't lie. I will post pictures of the small sun spot Kristin was suppose to be lasering that I still have along with what the scar looks like now from the blistering. I have absolutely no reason to make up my experience...Kristin didn't put protective glasses on me...handed me a bag of water from last patient and gave me a used bottle of Biocorem, lasered an area not to be treated and I have a horrible scar where nothing was.
I feel so bad for your experience. Maybe you're right about it being intentional...you certainly have more information than I do in order to make that conclusion. It certainly is negligent. Good luck to you.
I have had nothing but positive experiences at this office and my results have been outstanding. i cannot believe either of these professionals would do what this person is suggesting
The motive may be inaccurately perceived, but the pictures are the result...they aren't working on my face.
Pictures don't lie. There is no other reason but negligence that this could have happened. Kristin is a trained PA in this laser therefore knowing what she was doing. Why did I never get a follow up call? I'll I got was some (used) scar medicine that had already been opened and she took a picture and refunded one visit. Nothing since. Why did Dr. Rototari never respond to certified letter and pictures? It is going to cost me thousands to try to get less noticeable due to pigmentation gone and a pit and still no guarantee. Dr. Knight took pictures as well for his files as he saw it and immediately thought it was skin cancer until he saw the pictures of blistering and realized the scar was from the laser Kristin performed. All doctors after seeing scar and pictures of how it happened suggested I talk to Dr. Rototari. I tried and got no response from his office not even after certified letter. My sister had work done from Dr. Clark several years ago and he has done whatever its taken after her initial surgery to get the best results. That's a professional surgeon that cares about his patients and his work.
I believe Kristin motive was she was mad and was going to run further behind than she already was by doing the extra areas she forget. She was going to prove something! ..I promise she became like Nurse Hatcher. We all have an intuition and I could feel her aggressiveness and anger when she was lasering with out a doubt. After she gave me black eye and realized the baggy she handed me from last patient was just water she literally stormed out of room like it was my fault and said I gotta get ice! Its scary because you are trusting someone with your face. I instinctively knew she was doing something wrong when she didn't put glasses on me. The permanent scar I have is inexcusable for a PA and trainer on this laser. She and her Plastic Surgeon Dr. Rototari she works under should be accountable regardless of reason it happened.
Wow, this is unacceptable. How are you doing now? Any improvement in the scar?
No.. Thanks for asking.. I went to new surgeon and he not only wants to fix the scars from 3 blisters but revise the others from mini neck that look horrible..Ill keep u updated and will continue to get word out on the 2 doctors!! And file any and everything I can!!!!
Yes, please keep me updated. I have a similar scar that I'm trying to treat. Good luck!
You mentioned a Dr. Clark...is he in the same office? And is there an update on your experience? Hope you're better.
I have found a surgeon who specialize in laser that believes tattooing is not the best option for my scar. He wants to laser it a few times to generate the skin hoping the pigmentation comes back and scar not so deep and soften.
Hi Pam, Dr. Clark is a different surgeon with his own office. I actually just saw my sister and Dr. Clark is still tweeking her at no cost to get her the best results. Her face and eyes did well but he and my sister were not happy with the results of her neck. He at no cost redid her neck and still wasn't happy with outcome. My sister is very weathered from being on sail boat all her life on water. He is now giving her complimentary lasering to help firm up skin and texture. I have chosen a doctor to help with my scars from Kristens laser blistering and mini neck scars near ears that are obvious. I am just waiting on getting the money and time to do it.
Thanks. Sounds like he's much more patient oriented than your last doctor. Wishing you well.

I am so sorry you had a bad experience, thank you for taking the time to share with us. Can you keep us posted on any corrective measures you take. Take good care!

I have an appt. With them tomorrow...your pictures are giving me second thoughts. I'm not in agreement that someone would intentionally do this, however, I do know that it borders on negligent. I think if you go at them and leave the intentional motive out, you will have a strong case. Pictures speak louder than words! From what you've shown here, they couldn't work on anything I can't cover with clothing. My consultation is for love handles.