Not Worth the Money - Winston Salem, NC

I am 55 but look young for my age and decided to...

I am 55 but look young for my age and decided to try Ultherapy to firm up my chin/jawline. I saw a positive change at 3 months, but now 6 mos. later, things are heading south again. No one noticed a difference altho a couple people commented on how good my skin looked altho that could be do to the IPL they recommended I follow up with. The dr. I consulted with didn't do the procedure and I only saw her initially. The aesthetician was supposed to perform it, and that made me sort of nervous. She clearly smokes and her skin is dry and over tanned so she wasn't the best "advertisement" for the clinic in general. The woman that actually did the treatment works for Ultherapy and I was very glad she was the one. Especially after reading these posts. The aesthetician was just learning how to do it and had said it would take her 3 hrs which sort of freaked me out b/c it is supposed to be a one hour procedure.

There was no discussion as to the possible side effects and there was absolutely NO follow up which I thought again to be very unprofessional. I spent $3,500 and I felt that I got third rate care and little to no personal attention.

The procedure itself was pretty painful especially in the bony areas of my face. I could barely stand have them treated. They did give me topical and injectable numbing but it didn't seem to do a whole lot of good. This alone would be reason enough for me not to go thru with it again. I had minor redness and swelling, but those were gone in a matter of hours. It was just WAY more painful than they had told me it would be.

So for 6 mos. of a sort of minor lift was it worth it? No, it wasn't and I won't do it again. I also do think it burns off areas of fat on your face (read other posts about it along with fat grafting) and as one advances in age, this fat helps retain a youthful look. So if you have a thin face as I do, you need to consider that before going through with the procedure.

I felt the care in general was very poor and unprofessional. After a procedure like this and costing what it did, one would expect a call from the doctor's office the next day to see how things were going. There was no absolutely no after care whatsoever.