I Love Invisalign - Winston Salem, NC

I just started invisaline yesterday. I have a lot...

i just started invisaline yesterday. I have a lot of overcroweding in my bottom teeth with one tooth especially far back. i have 28 trays on the top and 28 trays on the bottom. As of now i have no buttons on my teeth but I will go back in 2 weeks to have them put on. My orthodontist called said these first set of trays are almost like trainer trays before we get into the real stuff with the attachments.

I just stated them yesterday afternoon and now about 24 hours later I feel quite a bit of soreness. I have taken two tylenol but it only helps so much and when I take them out the back bottom tooth hurts a lot. Its not unbearable, maybe like a 5 or 6/10 but just worried this was more pain then i should be in considering I don't even have the attachments put on yet. Any thoughts on this? I'm just a little concerned.

I called the orthodontist today becuase it is...

I called the orthodontist today becuase it is three days later and the pain makes it hard to even get through a work day. I'm glad I called because he told me that the first trays are the hardest and usually hurt for the first 3-5 days . He also said that even though he called these "trainer trays" they are still moving the teeth. He told me to take 2 advil every four hours to ease the pain (i had been taking tylenol mainly and he said advil is better for teeth pain) and to clench my jaw every so often to increased the blood flow and to decrease the pain. This has helped so much!!!! I hadn't been touching my teeth to each other really at all becuase it hurt so much, but now that I have been clenching from time to time the pain has decreased significantly!!! To the point where I don't even think I need the advil.

I got my attachment put on today!! They are a...

I got my attachment put on today!! They are a little scrachy without the trays in but I'm getting used to it, no big deal. And you can hardly notice them by looking, they match the color of my teeth pretty well. I have 6 attachments on the top and 6 attachments on the bottom. My teeth are only a little sore with the new trays. I think I'm getting used to it, plus the clenching and advil help too. It's deffinitly a lot harder to get the trays on and off now, especially the top but I'm getting used to it. Takes me about 5 minutes to get them out. So far I'm very pleased and can already tell my teeth have moved some :)

I'm on tray 8 now. It's going very well. Only...

I'm on tray 8 now. It's going very well. Only slight pain when I change trays for the first day or two but nothing bad at all. I think my teeth are starting to move some. Was hoping to see more progress but I'm sure they must be moving in the right direction because the trays keep fitting ok. I'll post some pics to compare.

All done! Id say my teeth are about 95% perfect...

All done! Id say my teeth are about 95% perfect now and Im feeling good with the results... Ill post pictures soon

All done! Id say my teeth are about 95% perfect...

Fabulous results!!! I am on tray # 11 out if 14 and I am pretty sure there I'll get several new trays under the refinement process. Could you please tell me how many trays have you got for the refinement process? Once again, congratulations for the outcome! It totally worth the money and the patience!
Yeah my bite has changed and its harder to chew now, but the orthodontist said that that will change and get better as my teeth continue to shift. I'll post a pick of me biting all the way down.

Thanks for posting that - your teeth are looking great! I can tell a lot of change!

I can definitely see some subtle changes in your teeth. Since you didn't have a "before" where you are biting together, do you feel like your teeth have changed in the way they bite together? Also, I would be curious to hear if you are biting all the way down there.

I forgot to tell you that I had the invisalign treatment myself. And I'm glad I did.

Hey jayblay47,

Hang in there. It may be uncomfortable now but you'll have beautiful teeth for the rest of your life. Invisalign really does work.

I'm so glad to hear that your dentist was able to offer you some good suggestions that helped ease your discomfort! It sounds like you were able to speak directly to the dentist too, that is great. A lot of times you end up talking to office staff because the dentist is too busy, which is fine & totally understandable, but its really cool if he took the time to speak to you personally.

Also, thanks for sharing about the clenching trick - I've never heard of it & just thinking about it would have thought it would make things feel worse. Always good to know the little tricks that help out! :)

Thanks for the comment, im hopeful it will feel better soon. And i did have braces as a kid but only on the top. Ill keep updating with pics as i move forward with the process.

Glad you started your review with some before pictures - it is always so fun to watch as the teeth straighten up.

I can't help but notice that your molars seem to be pretty straight. I'm guessing you had traditional braces before, is that right??

As for your concern about the pain, most people say the first couple of weeks is the worst, then it gets much better after that. To be honest, I'd expect them to be pretty sore after you get your attachements, but that all depends on the movement they have planned with that set of trays. Even if its really bad, try to keep in mind once your teeth set in motion it should be much easier from there on out.