Lap Band - Winston Salem, NC

I was asked to write a review for Lap Band. I had...

I was asked to write a review for Lap Band. I had my Lap Band placed in July 2009. As of right now I am about 60 lbs down from my highest weight. It has been a journey that is for sure. There have been a lot of ups and downs both physically (nothing major) and emotionally.

If I had it to do all over again I would not choose the Lap Band. I would probably choose the Sleeve Gastrectomy. I wouldn't do the band because it requires a whole lot more follow up appoints, getting something stuck and vomiting it up isn't pleasant and it is to easy to work around. In other words you learn how to eat what you want to eat. I am still working on my weight loss and changing my habits and exercising more are what I am focusing on.

I totally agree with you, I too had lap band. I wish I had the sleeve too. Lap band is a tool but it is very hard to continue to lose weight at some point. I lost 80 pounds and still need to lose at least another 40. Maybe more, that would make me happy. I exercise, eat right. But can't seem to lose more. I too have had problems with some foods getting stuck or throwing it back up. My lap band doctor talked me into getting the lap band. If I had it to do over it would not have been that.
Good evening. Thank you for sharing. I was thinking of lap band for two years in talks with my primary. So surgery I knew would be my tool to a healthy lifestyle. Radical for sure. But, I'm so Positive and upbeat ' I can taste' my decision coming to flirting. My bariatric coordinator and surgeon both agree lap band they would not recommend. The price of fills or unfills, time off. Any issue may require additional surgery and costs. I'm glad I have a ssupport team at the hospital and work. Need that additional reinforcement with mine. Been starting to research food containers to carry the amount for each meal at work. You or anyone thought of that, as proportions are crucial. Thanks for listening

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Its so helpful to hear insight from someone who has been there/done that. Good for you for continuing to make changes with your diet and exercise!! Please continue to update us so we can hear how things are going for you.

Adolfo Fernandez

Fuzz as we call him is a wonderful doctor with a great bed side manner.