Breast Implants and Tummy Tuck

Not really a blogger but thought I would share my...

Not really a blogger but thought I would share my experience. So excuse the typos. I am 2 days post op by the way.

I'm a mother of 5 children. I was 170lbs before surgery. I lost 75 lbs a few years ago, but could never get rid of my belly fat and my breasts are a 36A and the right is smaller than the other. I always wanted my breast to be proportioned to my body.

I went to 2 doctors for consults and my instinct was to go with the first one I saw. I was very nervous and anxious like everyone else. But when I went in on my surgery day, all that vanished and I was calm and ready to do it. I ended up with 550cc on the right and 500cc on the left. Cohesive gel implants over the muscle. For my tummy tuck I didn't need my muscles tightened. The doctor said they were not separated and there was no need to tighten them. I haven't taken off my dressings yet so I don't know what I look like but when I do I will post before and after photos.

I woke up from surgery in the recovery room and pain wasn't so bad. My hysterectomy was way worse. They have me lots of pain meds and kept me comfortable. I was sensitive to the anesthic though and I threw up 5 times that day. The next day was better no vomiting. Hint* take a sniff of the alcohol swab and and makes the nausea go away.

I haven't really been eating anything but crackers and a yogurt and jello. No AppEtite right now but I'm drinking a lot of fluids to stay hydrated.

Today I'm feeling a little better and keeping up with my pain meds (Percocet) 2 every four hours. Walked hunched and my back is getting sore. My breasts are also a little swollen and I'm using ice packs. Just taking it one day at a time. I will post again later

5 days post op

It's Been 5 days since my surgery. Wow! I must've been quite loopy when I wrote my first post. Lol

I weighed myself yesterday and I've lost 4lbs. I'm now 166lbs. I also forgot to mention that I'm 5.5" tall.

I'm up at 4am because I had to use the bathroom. It seems when I get myself into a good sleep and and all comfy then I have to use the bathroom haha. I haven't had a bowel movement yet. I've been taking a stool softener everyday until yesterday, I took some senekot, hope this works!

I'm still walking hunched over but not as bad as the first day and everyday I walk a little straighter. Small improvements right.

I'm down to taking one Percocet every 4 hours instead of taking 2. I don't feel so doped up And I'm not having any pain taking that amount. Tomorrow I'll see if I can stretch it to every 5hrs.

I removed my dressings yesterday and have steri strip tape across my abdomen. Hip to hip. It was peeling off at the hips so I cut it off and replaced the steri strip. Not sure if I was suppose to do that. There's a little bit of bruising under my breasts and they're still a little swollen but no pain.

I was going to have an areolea reduction at the same time but decided to wait and see what they look like. I don't mind them so I don't think I'm going to get them reduced (no one is going to see them anyway!) besides on here.

Before and after pictures

Not really good before and after pics will upload more when I can get someone to take the photos for me. Now that I look at the breasts I'm kind of wondering if they should've been bigger? I did say I wanted to be a DD. And I can still go for the aereola reduction in a few months if I decide to go that route.

Feeling ok

Well I go for my follow up tomorrow with the doctor. Hopefully everything is ok and healing.

I still have my steri strips on my tummy and breasts. I tried taking a piece off but it looked raw underneath so maybe I'll save that part for the doctor. I really hope it's nothing.

My belly button looks like a big scab. I've been applying polysporin on it and it seems to be helping. Also applying it on my tummy incision where there's no steri strip

I'm only taking 1 Percocet every 5hrs. I think I will start taking regular Tylenol tomorrow and see how that helps, because the Percocet is very constipating even though I've been taking stool softener everyday and I added senekot. I didn't think it was ever going to work and I finally had a big BM yesterday after 6 days!!! Lol

My drains are still in, maybe they'll be ready to be removed tomorrow. The left one has been draining less than 15cc the past couple days and the right one yesterday drained 33cc. I've also put some polysporin on the drain holes because they were looking inflamed and had white spots. They are looking better today.

I'm still wearing this binder, I like when it's on because I feel "safe" in it but then I like to take it off and air everything out in the morning and night. It feels so good to breathe when it's off. The compression bra feels good too other than the middle part where the zipper starts. It hurts my sternum so I try to lay it over the binder and it feels better.

My back gets really sore from being hunched over. So I can't walk or stand for more than 15 minutes without having to sit or lie down for awhile. And I tire out so easily. I washed dishes yesterday and I was sweating. I had to lay down and rest lol

I've been having a sponge bath everyday and washing my hair In the sink. The doctor says no showering until 24hrs after the drains have been removed! How I can't wait to shower and shave! Haha

I'm still quite surprised that I didn't need my stomach muscles tightened. Especially after having 5 kids. Mind you I didn't gain more than 22lbs with each pregnancy so maybe that has something to do with it? I don't know.

I looked in the mirror today, naked! And I thought my head was on someone else's body! I look so good and can't wait to be fully healed so I can start buying new sexy bras, panties and clothes!!!

My appetite is coming back finally, my stomach was actually growling for food this morning. I have to make sure I don't gain weight, this belly is worth thousands! Haha

If you have any questions ask away or private message me.

I'll update you with what the doctor says tomorrow

Thanks for reading

1st follow up visit

Went for my follow up visit and doctor says everything is looking good.

He removed the drains which was the most awful feeling ever! The second one hurt. But it feels so good to have them gone!!

He also took off the steri-strips and the incision line is healing well but today they feel so darn itchy! I applied a bit of polysporin on it.

My belly button looks so gross it looks like a big scab! The doctor said I'm having a reaction to the sutures because of the redness around the suture line so he's going to remove them at my next visit.

Had my first shower in a week! It felt so good! Lol

I'm only taking Extra strength Tylenol every 5 hrs. Im not even sure if I need to take any pain meds because I'm not having any pain but I don't want to find out the hard way either. Like end up having pain because i didn't take anything.

I drove for the first time last night with no troubles.

Still taking it easy though. I'm Not overdoing it and still getting a lot of rest. It's only been a week so Lots of time to rest!

Belly button

Itchy

Itchy itchy itchy! This binder is really making my incision itchy! I can't stand it. I took a reactine and it helped! I'm even wearing a tank top underneath but it doesn't help much :(
Maples surgical center

My doctor took out the stitch that was causing the problem. He also took off the big ugly scab that was in it. It looks way better and will heal nicely. He said don't use bandaids and let it air out once in awhile. Let your doctors know about your allergy to adhesives I'm sure there's something else they could use ;)
I wonder if the belly button allergy will affect the outcome of your belly button. I am very scared about all of the tape and stuff as I have an allergy to many adhesives (including band aides).
Sounds like your doing well, the itches will drive you crazy... Good luck and happy healing :)
Can't wait to see the final product! Hope you are feeling ok today. You are right about in the recovery spot where people seem to start getting depressed and questioning whether they should have had the surgery (and all those sad thoughts). So, if you start feeling that… you are right on track ;)
Funny that you mention that calimom24. Maybe that's what happened this past Friday. I was kind of having a crappy day and was feeling emotional all that evening and teary eyed. I think it was because all my helpers left and that was my first evening/night alone lol. That was my only episode so far. I haven't questioned myself yet about whether I should've had the surgery. But I do keep thinking positive and looking forward to the final result. Thanks

Awesome review so far! Thank you so much for sharing. You're going to help lots of other ladies by writing this. I think your breasts look fabulous!

I hope you'll keep us updated as you continue to heal.

Thank you I will keep posting.