Not Worth It! - Winnipeg, MB

I recently had the proceedure done by an...

I recently had the proceedure done by an expirenced doctor in my community. I am on day 10 and I still can't walk at all. I have heard of stories of some women never being able to walk or exersize again. I feel like I paid someone to cripple me for the rest of my life and for what...So i could look perfect...well now I may never return to a normal life again!

I had a labiaplasty done four months ago and I just want to cry everyday for having done it. I feel like an idiot. The doctor basically removed all my labia. I have lost feeling in the area and have now only labia majora and my clitoris. There is scarring and I am just sick about it. I chose an experienced, board certified surgeon and told him over and over what I wanted (the large labia not to hang out from my body only) and I feel like I CHOSE FGM. I am not sure what to do. I am 48.

Shawnsflash, I'm so sorry you're dealing with such an unhappy result! Have you spoken with your surgeon about your disappointment or considered seeking out a different board certified surgeon to ask about your options?

There are many quack labia doctors out there. That is why I feel so blessed.

Understand fully what all possible complications could be and how your life and lifestyle can be extreamly altered as a result of one of these complications becoming your possibile outcome. It can happen to you....cause it happened to ME!