Septoplasty & Turbinate Reduction - Windsor, ON
Years of daily congestion, post nasal drip, sinus...
Waking up in the recovery room was pretty awful! Face hurt like crazy and my mouth was beyond dry. I moaned a lot and the pumped me full of morphine & Gravol. The Gravol helped the nausea but the pain didn't really subside. The first few days were a bit rough but not terrible. My advice for 1st few days would be:
1. Take pain meds on schedule
2. Drink tons of water/fluids
3. Warm Air Humidifier
4. Keep your nose clean, saline, peroxide w/Qtips, antibiotic ointment w/Qtips
5. Sleep Elevated (don't bend over or lay flat)
6. Don't exercise, clean, lift
7. Be careful brushing your top teeth
8. Take the week or two off work that is recommended - I definitely needed it.
I am sure I am forgetting lots but I am 14 days post op, got my splints out yesterday! Felt amazing to get them out and it wasn't as horrific as I anticipated. My nose was a bit straighter actually although my 5 year old punched me hard this morning by accident when I was waking him up this morning so I have to go get it checked. It feels like it shifted. :)
If so, I'm going to be pretty frustrated. If not, I am thinking the surgery wasn't so bad and if it relieves some of my original symptoms it was worth it.
2nd Surgery To Come
Great bedside manner, very helpful & knowledgable.