50 Years Old and I'm now a "B" for the First Time in my Life! Life is GOOD!

I'm writing this review after the fact. I'm three...

I'm writing this review after the fact. I'm three weeks post op today and I feel wonderful! Surgery was July 3rd.

Big regrets.....that I didn't take pictures before my reduction and that I didn't do this 30 years ago!

I can't say I developed early, but when I did begin to develop (during the summer going into grade 8) I quickly went from a training bra to a full D. I'm only 5'3" and a chunky 165 lbs! I'm always working on losing those 30 lbs :)

I should mention that I was born with Spina Bifida so I have had many back surgeries and the extra weight in my breasts only added to the constant back pain. I went for a consult January 2013 and got the call for surgery on October 25, 2013. The problem was I also got a call on the same day advising that I needed another back surgery and they had scheduled this back surgery for November 4th. The breast reduction would have to wait. My back surgery had complications and I needed 2 more back surgeries (December 2013 and January 2014). I've had many surgeries in my life but these three were the hardest ones. As I get older my body doesn't recover as well. :)
To be honest with everyone, following my surgery in January I didn't think I could do another surgery and I had thoughts of not having the breast reduction but time makes you forget pain and by May I had decided that I would go ahead with my reduction in July.
This surgery was going to be different....this one was for me!

The surgery for me was almost completely pain free. I can't believe how the same surgery can be so different from person to person as well as doctor to doctor! I started as a 38DD but closer to a DDD. I wore genie bras for the past three years after DD bras would no longer fit me and so I didn't have to face a true bra fitting! I say DDD but who knows what Victoria Secret would have measured me at! My surgeon does not have you wear a bra post surgery? I had the anchor incision. When I left the hospital I had only light gauze along the bottom, up the middle and covering the nipples. I had minimal bleeding the first day and nothing again after the home care nurse came to change the bandages on day 2. After that there has been no bleeding and there was no bruising at all. I wanted him to take me to a B but at this moment I am probably a small C. I saw my PS at day 6. I felt more comfortable wearing some sort of bra since I was going out in public so I wore my genie bra and put it on by stepping into it. He trimmed some of the sutures and dressed the wound with a light gauze on the nipple and under at the T where it all comes together. I saw him again at 14 days. At that time he said I didn't need anything on my wounds. My home care nurse wants me keeping a small dressing on the T juncture which she says is not entirely healed so I'm still putting a small piece of gauze there. I'm hoping that there is still some swelling and that I will eventually make it to a B. Surgery for me was on a Thursday. By Sunday I was out running errands and by Monday I was driving myself around, driving myself to my appointment at day 6. I'm lucky to say that since my surgery I only experienced pain when I awoke in the hospital. I took my pain meds as prescribed, the first 5 days at home and experienced almost no pain whatsoever. The only drawback has been that I'm not yet comfortable sleeping. I'm not a good back sleeper due to several back surgeries since birth (including 3 this year alone!!), and I tend to start my night in the lazy boy. I'm walking 5k every day and back to my regular routine! Overall my experience has been a 9 out of 10. I'll give it a 10 out of 10 if I end up at a size B!

I recommend this surgery to anyone who is unhappy and suffers with large breasts. I am so thankful for this wonderful website and for the supportive women I have had the pleasure of conversing with!

New bras!

Okay, did I just buy 4 of the most comfortable bras in the world for a total ..... Ready for this?......less than $20 total.
Walmart $4.97

1 month post surgery

My recovery has been simple and uneventful. I feel great. There is still some swelling along the bottom outside of my breasts. My scars are minimal. I'm still taping my incisions. This is my decision to tape. My PS doesn't advocate any scar treatment. He believes that scar healing is based solely on the persons ability to heal and not on anything you put on a scar. I figured it couldn't hurt and I've read from different women on the site that it helped them.
I tried on bras yesterday. Some B's fit and some C's fit. It all depends on the make. :)
Activity wise, I'm doing everything I did prior to surgery. Sleeping gets better every night. Now it's time to work on the extra pounds. I'd like to take off 30 pounds and get down to my goal weight. This is my next adventure.
In 2 weeks I have an appointment to see my PS for a 6 week follow up.
Overall I'm very happy with my outcome!

Pictures 1 month post op

6 week follow-up appointment

I saw my PS yesterday for my 6 week follow-up appointment. He said everything looks great. I asked him about the side of my breasts where it is still a little hard. He said that this was from the blood pooling following surgery and that it should dissipate in time. I have noticed that this has been improving over the last week. My PS said he doesn't need to see me again unless I have questions or concerns that arise!
Why didn't I do this when I was 20? I wish I had known it would be this easy and that I would feel this great!
For anyone who is reading this and sitting on the fence; do it! It's the best gift you can give yourself!

7 weeks Post-Op

We spent years avoiding bra shopping and when we did have to drag ourselves out to buy bras we were forced to spend a fortune on them. Well ladies never again! I can't stop looking at bras and I can't stop buying them! I have never owned so many. I'm wearing little itty bitty bralettes and my boobies are small and perky like I was wearing a $100 minimizer? I told myself today that I hope I never have to buy another underwire bra as long as I live! I still can't get over bras costing $4.97. I spent more on lunch today :)

PS's Report

When I saw my PS for my 6 week (final visit) I forgot to ask him how much he removed. Today I went to see my family physician. He had the report and it said he removed 802 grams from one breast and 740 grams from the other one. No wonder I feel lighter! :)

Today I went back to work after being off for 10 months!

Today was my first day back to work after 3 back surgeries and a breast reduction! I must say that it was wonderful! We have a staff of 400 and so many people stopped by my desk to welcome me back that it was hard to get any work done. What an awesome group of people. One of my families that I worked with prior to going off sick heard I was coming back today and came by the agency with chocolates. Everyone knew I had back surgery but only a few of the girls knew I had the breast reduction. Everyone kept telling me how wonderful I looked! What a great self esteem booster! :)

Florida, here I come! ????????????????

My friends are always asking me to join them in Florida at their condo on Marco Island. My answer with varying excuses has always been "No, but thanks anyway". My secret reasoning has always been that Florida means a bathing suit and a bathing suit means people will see my big boobs! Well today they asked me again and I said "YES"....Florida here I come! ????????????????
Windsor Plastic Surgeon

Awesome, wonderful and talented doctor! He was friendly and professional. Wait times are long (1 year) but that's because he is currently the only doctor in the city performing breast reductions. Completely paid for by OHIP.