32, 7yr Old Twins. Recommended a Mini with Muscle Repair - Winchester, VA

Hi there. I recently had a consultation for a...

Hi there. I recently had a consultation for a tummy tuck. While being examined the surgeon said that I could get away with a mini tuck. He said anything below my belly button would be "fixed". And that he wouldn't touch my belly button but the appearance of it would improve some. The reason for a mini is bc I don't have much loose skin above my button to work with. I guess I'm not totally convinced that I'm going to be happy with the outcome. I know my stomach will never be perfect again but I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and finally be able to wear a two piece again. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at so many before and after pics of a mini but it's so hard to match up someone that has the same issues I do. Thanks so much

I too agree ..on my doctors consult I was told I could have a mini but I'm going for a full ,I know it will be a longer recover time but I know I will be more happy.
I believe so as well and after reading countless reviews only very few people are happy with the mini and very few doctors on this forum recommend a mini some won't perform it at all. Good Luck to you!
And if you are having muscle repair all the way up, like I did, the recovery is virtually the same. Plus, I feel like the upper muscle repair has made the most noticeable difference for me so far (and I was never bothered by my upper abdomen)
I had a mini with umbilical float. He repaired all the muscle from ribcage to pelvis. I really pushed for a full but he insisted it wouldn't look good on me. He said I would have to have a higher incision and a vertical scar since I didn't have enough skin. I would have been fine with the vertical, but the higher scar was not appealing. I felt like I had more skin than he thought, and he admitted that he took more than expected and even extended the scar some. I am pretty happy, especially with my own bb, but had he thought it were possible to have a good result with the full, i would have preferred that. So I recommend if it's just that you "can get away with" the mini (not that you really "should"), I'd go with the full. Otherwise you will likely wish you had. Regardless of what you choose, make sure you wear your bikini bottoms and stress that you want the incision to fall within where they sit. When your PS marks you, wear them and again stress that the incision should be within those parameters. Good luck!
Hey, I'm pretty much the same as you I didn't have a lot of loose skin above the navel but I'm not happy with my results as I think the full tummy tuck would have given me better results. I still have a lot of loose skin under the navel I'm now 4 1/2 weeks post op and the more the swelling goes down the more my tummy wrinkles. The scar is just a tad bit shorter than a full TT. I wish I had gotten the full the mini was a waste of time and money. That being said the with the full u will have a scar around the navel. Hope this helps u can also send me a private msg if u would like to know more