I'm Ready -Wilmington, DE

Hello Everyone: I have been lurking for awhile...

Hello Everyone:

I have been lurking for awhile now and decided to join today. I am so grateful that everyone has shared their stories and pictures because it has helped me to get a better understanding of to expect. I am going to pay my deposit on Monday.
I am 42, single with one son. 5'9 & right now 224. My goal is to walk in the mornings and do Zumba in the evenings with hopes of getting to 199. I will post pictures soon.

Random Rants

I am sooooo ready for my T T, it's killing me. I went to Zumba and felt like a dancing bear. But I am not going to be discouraged. I have an exercise plan and I and going to stick to it.
On another note, why did the person who volunteered to take me to my appointments, ask me how I was getting to my appoints when I brought up surgery. Needless to say I was hurt and disappointed but I will work it out.

Lastly, I have learned to keep my surgery to myself as people are not very supportive, thanks goodness for real self. ????

Sorry for the double post

I know it's silly, but it's really bugging me that my Dr. Is wrong, can that be changed ?

Pictures

Hi All I have posted pictures and I am happy to say since I have been exercising that my love handles have gone down a little. I saw some bodies similar to mine and I really liked the results ! Until next time.

Game Change

I called the office to make a payment and schedule an appointment but no one has called me back in 24 hours. I am going in for a consultation with someone else.

Well I guess it's on now

Today, I paid 1/3 of my bill and made my appointment. I was very excited but did not have anyone to tell. Everyone is has been looking like I lost my mind. I am tired of arguing about it. So I don't even bring it up. But I am happy for me and that is all that matters. Enjoy your weekend.

Therapy........

Today I decided to pack up all my size 16 summer clothes. It really did me some good. It makes it real. I also got back on my fitness pal as I have a little over 3 months to at least drop 25 pounds. So excited.

In limbo

Nothing much going on. I finally have all my money together and will begin purchasing my items. Good luck and happy healing to the September TT's !

Shred

So I have decided to do Dr. Ian's shred diet. Day one, week one !

supply list request

Hey all time is ticking away for me and I am getting excited. I am lining up drivers. I have one and need 2 more. I really do not want to keep asking the same person. Anyway, I am looking for a comprehensive list of what I need both pre op and post to make this a little easier. Please and thank you, you guys are GREAT!

pre op

Yesterday, I had my pre op appt. You guys are great, because of this site I feel very prepared. He mentioned PALE, which is something I never heard anyone talk about. but it makes sense. Also I have to purchase my own support hose. Where can I get those ?

compression garments

How many will I need and where are you purchasing them ?

Game Change

Ok, so my appointment has been pushed back to February 26, 2014. In a nut shell it came down to getting braces for my son or getting my procedure. So my son will get his braces on Friday. The only good thing is that I can continue to work out. (Sigh)

Shaving Q

Hey Ladies
In reviewing everyone's pictures, I noticed that everyone is shaved. Should I shave before I get there or is that something that they do.

Exercising

So now I am doing Zumba 2x weekly, plus spinning and body combat I am hoping to get down to 199 by the time of my surgery.

The countdown....

Well, I made my last installment and had my pre op this past Monday ! I am so excited. My PS said that he can remove 10 pounds of fat !!!! So I guess now I will begin working on my recovery basket. :)

Down to the wire.....

I go in on Wednesday. It still seems surreal. But I am getting materials for my recovery. Everyone has been so helpful and encouraging. Thanks for that.

Off to see the wizard.....

Today is the day ! I am in a good place. I have prayed for a successful outcome and I am at peace that it will be. Weirdest thing, I am craving brownies like nobodies business.

The flat side

Well ladies I made it. I am 2 days post op.
Day of surgery went so fast, it was a one hour surgery. I had lipo and tummy tuck. It's the lipo that's killing me.
Day 1 post op: extremely sore but bearable. I had a catheter so I don't have to run to the bathroom a lot. I slept a lot off and on.

Day 2 post op: trying to keep my feet elevated and rest. Still in pain but I am hanging in there. I walk around but it is a struggle. My son and mother are helping me.

Day 3 post op

Catheter was pain pump was removed. I am determined to follow the directions to the tee. I am getting plenty of rest and walking around the low ever level of my house. We removed the gauze and bandages last night. I did not want to peek so I do not know what anything looks like. I am ready for these drains to come out. Working on having a BM so I am drinking lots of prune juice !

Mission accomplished

Had a BM this morning. Drains are barely draining. We had a snow storm so my five day appointment was a no go. I promised my self that I would take this seriously and I have not had any processed foods. Happy healing to everyone.

Post op 1 week

I'm very swollen, I hope.

Drains come out tomorrow

Everyone says that once the drains come out, you are a different person. We shall see.

A few things .....

Hey Ladies I am 12 days post op and I wanted to share a few things with those who are going in after me:
Each person is different
Do not compare yourself to anyone
Be realistic about your expectations
Each doctor has their own protocol
Something's you will need and some you will not.
Stay in your binder 24/7 unless you are washing it
Rest as much as you can
Ask questions if you are unsure

Me:
I camped out on my couch propped up with pillows, I kept 4 pillows under my feet at all times to reduce to incident of blood clots
When ever I woke up, I walked around the lower level of my house
I drank plenty of water
I am doing shred as I heal
I rest as much as I can
I did not leave my house the first week
I did not do showers, I did sponge baths
I'm drinking a lot of prune juice ( it helps)
Good luck and happy healing

Drains are out

It's true you are a better, happier person !

Feeling great

Hey All
The swelling has gone down a little. I am being real careful not to do too much. I am so happy my pouch is gone! My shirts are looser and my pants fit differently now my hips look huge. But that does not bother me. I have also noticed that since some of my belly is gone my breast seem like they are really sagging. Smh. I plan to get a reduction or lift. Not sure which yet. Happy healing to everyone.

Happy.....

I am so happy with my decision to move forward with this. I will post more pictures soon. But the swelling has gone down and the results are amazing ( at least to me )!

Still happy

I am 5 weeks post op and down 14 pounds !

10 weeks post op

Hi Gals
I am 10 weeks post op and I feel great. No problems, no complaints. I am down 17 pounds. I have been cleared to walk and do zumba. This was the best decision I ever made. I will post pictures tomorrow !
West Chester Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Christopher Saunders came highly recommended. Although his office was always crowded, I never felt rushed. He was also very realistic with what to expect. Even tough I am still swollen, I am smaller than when I went in.

Now that is great!! Especially to hear that you are still losing weight tremendously after the TT....that is what I wanted to know and pray that I continue to lose as well.... that's awesome that swelling has subsided.....can't wait to see your results =).....
Congratulations, you seem very happy. Can't wait to see your results. Continued healing.
Post new pics!!! This is so exciting!
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics! :)
Congrats & happy healing! I'm excited to see your results. :)
Me too. :). Hoping the swelling will go do sooner than later
Congrats!
Thanks ! :)
Make sure you are trying to keep your feet elevated! It REALLY helps with swelling. Also hope you are taking Arnica. It's a big help too! Good Luck!
Thank you, I'm going to look into arnica.
No processed foods wow! You go girl! I have lost 10 pounds on Weight Watchers in the last 3 weeks! I think my drains were the WORST part of my whole experience! I had to keep one in for almost 4 weeks! One morning I woke up to a wet spot on my bed and it had pulled out in my sleep! I was happy to see it go! This snow sucks in DE! lol Happy Healing! I'm sure your going to look great! I'm down now from surgery and WW from a 20 to a 14 and I've never been happier! I brought my first 14's yesterday! :) best of luck
Congratulations on your success. I am hoping to be either a 12 or. 10 when the swelling goes down.
Congratulations on coming over to the FLAT SIDE... This is a wonderful time in your life LOVING yourself..you are going to love your transformation.....stay ahead of the pain, now it's time to heal... Can't wait for an update ((hugs)) LiveLoveBelieve
Thank you, yes I'm trying stay ahead of the pain .
LOL AT YOUR CRAVINGS. GOOD LUCK. YOU WILL BE FINE.
Thank you.
Good luck
Thank yo so much.
You will be just fine!!! I am 3 months post op and I have never been happier! I went from a size 20 to a size 16 with my tummy tuck! It was the best decision I ever made in my life! I used Dr. Chang in DE but I hear great things about your surgeon as well!!!! Good luck!!!!! You will be fabulous! Gonna be some pain but trust me it's worth it!
Thank you. I would love to reduce down to two sizes. Happy Healing
Good luck with your surgery on Wednesday and can't wait to see your results! Happy healing hun :)
Your message was a great was to start the day. Thank you.
Only a few more days before your big day! Hope it will all go well!
Thank you !