23 Yo PRK in Both Eyes - Wilmington, DE

I highly recommend this procedure! I had an...

I highly recommend this procedure! I had an overall great experience and mild pain. I had the surgery at 2pm and the overall process took less than 10 minutes. My waters stung and watered on the way home. As soon as I got home I laid down and played an audiobook and napped for 5 hours. I got up after to eat dinner and then took a Vicodin and 2 Tylenol pms which kept me sleeping through the night. Day 1 I had pretty good vision and was quite surprised. Light sensitivity was also very strong and it was still hard to focus on reading my laptop and tv. The next few days vision got worse before it got better. I also have up wearing goggles at night after day 3! I couldn't sleep and would read up so bad in them and I know myself quite well and do not rub my eyes at night . No harm no foul my eyes came out just fine haha. After 6 days I had the contact removed and was cleared to drive but I did not drive for 10 days just to play it safe. It was rainy here and I didn't want to take a chance. I returned to work after 10 days. There was a haze in my eye so I was directed to continue the antibiotic for 2 months. I now have 20/20 and I cannot believe I didn't do this sooner. I also got my bestfriend to get PRK and she had an even better experience. I highly recommend people to get this surgery! I also was glad to get PRK because I am still active and unlike LASIK I don't have to worry about damaging the flap. I am now at 9 months and have no problems. I rarely get dry eyes and for once I can stand a ceiling can being on without drying my contacts and eyes. It is an amazing feeling to wake up and be able to read a clock!
Thanks for sharing your experience! I've thought about PRK (I don't want flap issues w/ Lasik) but I've been waffling for years. I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and you're happy. Any advice for those of us thinking of getting it done?
I highly recommend taking vitamin c before and after surgery! Also what helped me get through blurry vision was audio books and a sleeping aid for the first night. I got surgery around 2pm and went home to sleep for 5 hours had dinner then took advilpm to sleep through the night. Vision gets worse before it gets better but it has been the greatest decision I have ever made !! I honestly wish I did it sooner. Good luck !!
Hiya, I'm contemplating PRK too. Just wondering what your prescription was before the surgery?
Dr. Gardener