Elena Astor of Chicago Permanent Cosmetics Center, LLC in Wilmette, IL Scarred Me for Life! - Wilmette, IL

It's been 11 months since I made the mistake of...

It's been 11 months since I made the mistake of trusting my skin to Elena Astor. I have hereditary stretch marks that I wanted to try fading for. They are in my cleavage area. It is my opinion that she went too deep and they are now significantly worse. In some areas, the stretch mark is gone but only because it has been replaced with a large scar that is not even with the rest of the skin, both in pigment, because they are all dark, and in terms of the skin's surface. Stretch marks are pitted in appearance because of the damage to the underlying structure. Mine are now raised. I've never had keloid scarring in my life. It has to be caused by this type of trauma.

The pictures of afterward are horrifying. When I left they were all fresh streaks of bright red. I looked like I had been mauled by a large cat with each of the 30 marks along the top of my chest about a quarter of an inch thick. After about four days I became concerned about some of the marks (which now have the largest scarring) and I sent an email with pictures asking what I should do about it. I received no response. The least that could have been done was a response telling me it was normal, but I got nothing.

I didn't peel the scabs. I have been nothing but cautious and careful about not going in the sun. I can't even enjoy the summer because I am deathly afraid of them getting worse. She also lightly did the same type of procedure on a scar of mine, which happens to be exposed to the sun way more often and I don't have any problems with it, so this has to be how deep she went in this area. I have never had a problem with hyperpigmentation in my life, and I didn't have it on the other treated area; quite frankly I saw little improvement on the scar. I couldn't even sleep for days afterward because of the pain on my chest. Each scar/stretch mark is now significantly darker. Even my father was concerned. My husband doesn't say anything unless I ask because he knows how much it bothers me. At least I am not single because I can't imagine going out, dating, wearing nice clothes with these eyesores.

What's crazy is that my aftercare instructions were to do absolutely nothing. I got a coating of bacitracin before I left and was told not to put anything else on it ever.

Ultimately, if you're looking for someone to help you with something as important as your skin, I would strongly suggest looking long and hard at each of your potential practitioners because the risk isn't worth it and the lack of professionalism afterward speaks volumes about the type of business this is. It's all about the money, not helping people.
I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible job you have received. You better have gotten your money back and she should be fired! Unequivocally, she didn't know what she was doing!! What laser did they use on you? I hope you can find someone who can fix her mistake.
The same thing happened to me with me at Chicago Permanent Aesthetics with Elena. Collagen Induction Therapy or skin needling is dangerous for darker skin types OBVIOUSLY. It scarred me the exact same as you and I have the same skin tone. It has been 10 months for me, and I can still see the scars. After Fraxel permanently tattooed my skin darker (at National Laser Institute in Dallas) now I have scars from skin needling ontop of the stretch marks :(
What treatment did she do on you?
Elena Astor

Elena is probably one of the most unprofessional practitioners I have ever met. Her lack of ethics is significant. According to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, she is not licensed as an aesthetician or a cosmetologist, even though she boasts her expertise as a "sought after" makeup artist back in the 1990's. The company (not her specifically, but the LLC) has a Department of Health permit for tattooing. She is arrogant and is clearly in the beauty industry for the money, not for the true desire to help people look their best. She did not respond to emails and called me brain damaged for complaining about what she did to my skin.