MiraDry Experience After One Week - Williamsville, NY

I have been dealing with underarm hyperhidrosis...

I have been dealing with underarm hyperhidrosis since my early teens with intermittent success controlling it. When I heard about miraDry I decided to give it a shot. I am one week out from the procedure now and am pleased with the results. Initially there was a little discomfort but it passed in about 2 days with advil and ice packs. Now all I am dealing with is some lumpiness in my axilla which is slowly getting better. I have even been 2 the gym twice without limitation. Dr Karamanoukian and his staff were great, he performed the procedure himself. I received about 35-40 shots total in my axilla, not too bad actually. They used a level 5 setting on me. I haven't used deodorant since the procedure nor have I had any underarm sweating. I am looking forward to the rest of the summer with one big worry a thing of the past. Hopefully this review helps anyone else considering the miraDry procedure.

Buffalo General Surgeon

As a fellow physician I recommend Dr K and his staff highly. They were realistic about the procedure and very accurate. They explained everything in detail before and during the procedure, follow up has been easy.

That's a tough one. All you can do is ask. If you explain the misunderstanding he may give you a break. I found the staff and Dr. K to be very reasonable.
i paid the $3000 and he said he does the highest level (5) and no one's had to come back for a second time. So I was told I'd get a level 5 but then he gave me a level 3. Then told me if I had to come back for a second procedure I'd have to pay $600. I feel like he was supposed to give me a level 5 to begin with; and now it's going to cost me $600 more to get a level 5 which he initially told me I'd be getting? All the people on here pay $3000 or less for two visits. Confused as to why I'll have to pay another $600. Not sure how to approach this with them.
Have you been sweating at all? I had the procedure done. Level 3 about a month ago and I am starting to sweat again.
I have had some sweating but it has been minimal and not a problem. So far I have no intention to repeat the procedure.

I'm so glad to hear things went well for you. I'm assuming you haven't noticed any compensatory sweating at this point? Please keep us posted if you continue to stay sweat free, or if it slowly starts to come back. (Fingers crossed for it not coming back!!)