Bi-Lateral Breast Implant Replacement - Williamsville, NY

My initial surgery was in 1997. Under the muscle,...

My initial surgery was in 1997. Under the muscle, 300cc, saline Breast Augmentation surgery was done in Southern CA. On 4 May of 2013, my left implant ruptured. For reasons too numerous to mention here, I delayed the replacement surgery. My surgeon used textured saline implants & made them a tad larger to 330cc's. Tough recovery only because I waited too long for the second surgery. The muscle retracted around the collapsed shell of the implant on the left side. My surgeon said he really struggled getting the muscle to release it. Slowly but surely, I'm getting back to 100%. Really, really pleased with the results!!!!!

Before ~ left implant ruptured ~ May 2013

After ~ 5 days post surgery ~ 6 November 2013

Left implant quite swollen. To be expected, my doctor said.

getting a bit worried!! 3 weeks since replacement surgery

Tomorrow will be exactly 21 days since my surgery. I had a ruptured saline implant (initial surgery May 1997) & waited 6 months for the recent surgery. The breast that held the collapsed implant is still a bit swollen from the struggle it was for the surgeon to get the muscle to release the implant shell, since the muscle had retracted around it.

Week 2, I began having some pain around that swollen areola (where the incision is) & noticed the other day the scar is pulling, as it's healing, & even more recently have noticed as the swelling is going down, the scar is creating a concave area just below the areola. I will provide a photo.

I see my surgeon after Thanksgiving on 12/3. Planning on calling him tomorrow. Just wondered if anyone ever had a similar occurrence & can tell me if it will eventually correct itself. I've been using Vitamin E on the scar the last few days to soften the scar tissue a little in hopes it will improve the concavity on that one breast.

left areola scar is pulling & becoming concave

concerned & worried about scar pulling

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Love him. Cuts to the chase. Really a very positive experience in every way. My breasts look amazing. Dr. Cusenz did an outstanding job!! So nice to look normal again. Goodbye chicken cutlets!

Congrats looking good!
Awwww, thanks, so much, Violet1234! You look more than AMAZING!! Wish my body could have accommodated even half of your size of implant. Looks so phenomenal on you!
Congrats!
Thanks, very much, rgirli!! You are SO kind!
Can't wait to see more updates