I Wanna Rip my Teeth Out! - Whittier, CA

Had my procedure done at 1030 was out by 1230.My...

Had my procedure done at 1030 was out by 1230.My dentist explained to me that there would be pain from whitening and that I may not get the results I was expecting.

He had temporarily filled my 2 front teeth 13 years ago. I now need to get permanent crowns because they have cracked. I figured I want to get a whiter shade and be proud of my smile so I figured the pain will be worth it. As I was getting the whitening done the 1st round was fine, the second had some zingers the third had many, but really it was bearable. I seriously thought this is not that bad, maybe I will be one of the lucky ones. lol. Immediately after he stopped the 3rd round I felt non stop intolerable pain. My dentist told me to take to advils but I asked for vicodins cause I knew that would not be enough. He tried to give me direction on what not to eat and how to maintain my smile but I just wanted to get out of there and fill my script.

Its now 10 pm and I have taken my script without relief, I wonder what I would feel like without it. The zingers can last up to 30 seconds and I get them several times a minute. I was able to eat and actually felt some relief with the warm potatoes. I have brushed several times gently with sensitive tooth paste which also gives me a few minutes of relief, I have also put my trays with the relief gel on. I have had 3 kids and maybe I forgot that pain because I really can't take this pain. I wanna pull my teeth out. I also feel anxiety, I want to grind my teeth but I know that will hurt. My gums are a little sensitive like when you floss to hard, but I know my dentist did a good job covering my lips and gums. Maybe the anxiety has something to do with the fact that I have not smoked all day, but I am wearing a patch and I am not craving a cigarette at all though. Hopefully this will keep me from smoking.

I read all these posts prior to my procedure and I still chose to have it done. Even if my relative would have warned me I think I would still have done it. Vanity has its price. I have not smiled for a picture since my 2 front teeth started chipping and my smile developed a yellow shade. I see a slight difference in the shade of my teeth. I have the fill in the front which did not whiten as an example of what color my teeth were before. I was really hoping for a big difference, I am disappointed and I dont think I will ever put myself through this again. I will use the crest strips from now on, they have great reviews. I really going to try and maintain this shade, I would hate for my new crowns to stand out. I would definitely warm others of the pain. I am not sure if it was worth it yet, maybe next week when I am no longer ashamed to smile I will see it differently.

My pictures were taken with my camera phone, not sure if u can actually see the difference, but really I cant see too much either. My husband says he can and also says to suck up the pain it was my choice and I went in with eyes wide open. (think I will take my pain out on him)

So my dentist is great, explained everything to me, did a good job protecting my gums and lips, but this pain is really bad.

Kenneth Cho

I first went to this dentist at 19,(I am 32 now) which was my first ever dentist visit. This dentist is very thorough, he takes the time to really explain everything. I never have to wait and aside from a previous dental assistant his staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. After he repaired my two front teeth as best as he could (my medical at the time would not cover the proper procedure) and filled my cavities I never experienced pain only relief. I had moved away and went to different dentists but when I returned to Whittier I was glad to come back to him.

If it makes any difference I can totally see the difference in your teeth coloring. It looks really great

I totally agree about the pain! I don't even want to open my mouth! I have been slathering Orajel on my teeth ever since I left the dentist earlier!

How are the results of the whitening holding up?

So I slept, even over slept thanks to my ambien, I wish I would have taken one after the appt and just slept all day.
Well my gums look almost perfect, guess my dentist did protect them well. I think I can finally see my teeth since I am not scared to open my mouth. I think they r kind of uneven and have some spots on them. I have to say I am still somewhat disappointed having endured all that pain. Although as long as someone is not really examining my mouth when I smile I do see a brighter smile. The pain is pretty much gone, just have slight sensitivity. Its funny I think I have forgotten yesterdays pain and if asked about the procedure may end up down playing it. I think I still would not do this again, but am going to continue with the crest whitestrips. Hope everyone else makes it through their first day!
its almost midnight, 12 hours after my procedure I have taken ambien for sleep and they have helped with the pain, But lets see what tomorrow will bring. Thanks Britt

HI veros,

Did you sleep at all last night? How are you feeling today?

-Britt

Hi Veros,

Well, I first must say that even for cell pictures your teeth look really great. Also, congrats on stopping smoking. I'm sure it's really hard especially with that, but I'm sure you will feel great soon. Are your mouth still super uncomfortable today? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review and the pictures,

-Britt