Rhinoplasty Experience - Dublin

I've been thinking about having rhinoplasty done...

I've been thinking about having rhinoplasty done for as long as I can remember however I first started to seriously consider it about 5 years ago. I did some research and ended up having 2 consultations. The first one with a very well known medical group. The experience terrified me. The woman I met was merely a sales woman and she gave me her best pitch.

The second consultation was with a surgeon in Cork city. I was in and out in 15 minutes, he took some photos and drew a quick sketch on paper as to how my nose would look after. He showed me no pictures of his previous work and his attitude was that he did not have to justify himself to me. Both experiences left me uneasy. After all..this was my face and I wasn't about to hand it over to just anyone.

I resigned myself to the fact that it would not happen and put it out of my mind (although it never left my mind entirely). Earlier this year I began to search the internet again for a surgeon and I came across Mr. Shandilya and booked an apt with him. I liked him from the moment I met him and can only describe it as a gut reaction. My first apt with him lasted an hour. He was open and honest and never made any false promises. He was very realistic about what could be achieved and I felt that he really listened to what I wanted.

I saw Mr. Shandilya 2 more times before I had the surgery and each time I was in there for an hour. I loved the fact that I never felt rushed or that he was too busy for me. His office staff were so lovely and so accomodating with dates and times etc. I had my operation in the Whitfield in Waterford. Mr. Shandilya came to see me before the surgery which really helped to put me at ease. He also came to speak with me when I woke up in recovery to let me know that everything went well and he came to remove the packing himself the following morning. The level of care I received was excellent.

When I left the hospital I was given Mr. Shandilya's mobile number. My recovery went smoothly and I didn't have any pain. I returned a week later to have the cast removed. I had my 1 month follow up apt yesterday and I can honestly say I'm so delighted with the results. I trusted Mr. Shandilya 100% and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone. It is obvious that he is passionate about his work and that he wants to do the very best for his patients. I am so grateful to Mr. Shandilya for what he has done for my confidence and self esteem.

Thank you for taking the time to share on RealSelf! What did you not like about your nose to begin with (and what was fixed)?

I had quite a large bump on my nose, it's was much too large for my face and the tip was pointy looking. Mr. Shandyila removed the bump, reduced the tip and softened it out to suit my face. It no longer draws attention and it fits my face perfectly, I love it.
Dublin Facial Plastic Surgeon