How Long Till I Don't Notice Them - Whitehall, PA

I'm on day 2 of my first set of trays. My...

I'm on day 2 of my first set of trays. My bottom teeth have 24 trays scheduled and my top has 55!! It'll take me about 2 years till I'm done but I have two teeth up top that grew in too high cause my baby teeth didn't come out in time.

Anyway I think I finally got the hang of taking the out but I was wondering how long it takes until I didn't notice them. My mouth seems like it is always full of spit and my tounge gets irritated from rubbing the trays. Oh and I have 6 buttons on top and 5 on the bottom. Yeah they suck!

Dr. Lee

6517anon, that's rough. I really hope I don't have problems like your going through. I'm just about to put the second trays in tonight and hope for the best. I do not think they made all my trays in advance because I only get one set when I go to put in and 1 extra set to take home to put in 2 weeks later and then I go back to the dentist. The liners don't bother me as much as they did on the 13th when I originally posted, but they feel looser now. Does this happen toward the end of your 2 weeks? I'm a little worried with some of the stories I have read on this site that the invisalign doesn't always work and I wonder if they will work for me.
Yeah the invisalign does loosen up overtime and they are only really tight for the first day or two. My orthodontist only hands out one or two of my aligners at a time as well but they are all already made. I wish they wouldn't do it like that then I wouldn't have this problem. Not sure if I will continue treatment or not on the top teeth, it is just too inconvenient.
Hi good luck with your treatment. I had 42 aligners for the top and was told it would take 12-18 months to complete (even though I know now it is impossible if you wear each aligner for 2 weeks). It is now about 17 months in and I am only about half way. One of my teeth wouldn't move down and I have now wasted months trying to get this one tooth to move.
At the moment Invisalign is defintely not invisible for me. I have brackets on my teeth (at the front), numerous buttons and rubber bands. The rubber bands are also so tight that I can barely open my mouth. Invisalign is not convenient at all for me. It also makes it hard to speak.
I hope you have better luck. The best thing you can do is to have your invisalign made in batches (about every 6 months). They made mine all at the beginning and since I had problems with only one tooth now the rest of the top don't fit but I still have to wear them even though it is very uncomfortable and sticks out awkwardly.
Hope it all works out for you though. If I knew it was going to be like this I wouldn't have had it done.

Hi Tidus,

Welcome to the Invisalign community. Much like either braces or Invisalign it takes a while to get used to. A lot of community members with Invisalign actually complain about dry mouth instead of extra saliva. It's usually braces wearers who complain about the extra saliva. Have you tried using a nail file on the parts that irritate your tongue? It sometimes helps. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

For some reason I couldn't sign in to my account but this is Tidus54. :) Thanks for the reply Britt... It is so nice to have this website where there are others going through this process. One day 4 now and the extra saliva has gone down but now my bottom lip seems to be chapped and I have this sensation like I want to grind my teeth all the time! haha hopefully that just means they are working! I have not been using a nail file but maybe I should try that... I'm just afraid of ruining the liners.

Hi Chris,

Sometimes try logging off, exiting the browser and coming back, I'm glad you were able to come back though.

If you are worried about the nail file maybe look into your local drugstore or ask your dentist for some bees wax like they give you for braces. Just place a bit on the part that's hurting you and it should stop irritating you for a while. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,