Tummy Tuck, No Drains - White Plains, NY

I'm planning on having a mini tuck and my PS...

I'm planning on having a mini tuck and my PS explained that he doesnt use drains. He wants me to visit him once a week for drainage. Is this common??

Today's your mini tummy tuck! I sure hope it's smooth sailing and that recovery goes well.

I had a mini with muscle tightening and I hear recovery/pain is elevated w/ musc tightening. The pain was not too bad. The first couple days hurt the most but it's only a 5-6 on the pain scale. The swelling is the biggest issue. At week 2, I was still very swollen....also had a setback w musc. pain and spasms where pain during laughter/coughing was a 10+. Having said that, could walk a mile at day 6. Less swelling closer to 3 weeks than 2 weeks so that depends on what you're wearing. Loose pants or skirt could work. A party at 3 weeks would be more ideal w my situation. Hope that gives u insight. By the way, I was told to "double-up on fish oil" and take 1500 mgms of vit c during my setback. Fish oil is a natural way to help w swelling. Also, lots of protein. I think these things could have avoided the setback in the first place. Good luck to you!
can you tell me how painful the mini tummy tuck was...was it very painful?Would you be able to go to a party 10 days after?

I've heard of it, though it seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Here's a woman who had a full tummy tuck without drains. You might want to contact her and see if she can give you some input.

My tt was 3/22 and there was a great deal of fluid after the first 3 days. I couldn't imagine a week's worth remaining until my 7 days to extract. I would research to find out if there is an increased risk of seroma's without a drain. Having said that, there are Dr.'s who boast of "no drain" tt on their website. Maybe pose this qu. to the Dr.'s who weigh in on this site.
I had a mini tt on 3/21. I had a lot of fluid comin out of my drain the first three days and now at 8 days it is less. I can't imaging all that fluid staying in the body. Every doc is different though. He knows best.