Scheduled my Surgery Date...- White Plains, NY

Eve since I was a teenager I have wanted to get my...

Eve since I was a teenager I have wanted to get my nose done. It is something that I am very insecure about & am a firm believer in "do what makes you happy, it is YOUR life". I have been looking at reviews on this website for over a year now and because of all of the positive reviews, decided to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ciardullo.

I had been on a few other consultations with other surgeons before, but they were either too serious which gave me a bad vibe or made me feel uncomfortable. Upon meeting Dr. Ciardullo, I felt very comfortable. He did not rush me at all & seemed happy to answer any & all of my questions. I have to say that now that I scheduled my surgery, I have been freaking out & second guessing everything. I have re-read all of his reviews & one girl seems very unhappy about her new nose which FREAKS ME OUT. I do not want to go through with something that I may end up regretting.

Also, I looked on other websites in which patients reviewed him and one patient did not give him a very good review. I think it just might be the pre-op jitters, because before scheduling it I was very excited & looking forward to it. One of the things I am most scared of is "going under". I have never been under anesthesia before, so after doing some online research about what it actually entails, I am petrified most about this.

As of now, I am going to go through with the surgery, as I have wanted it for years and years. Can anyone who has had a rhinoplasty done by Dr. Ciardullo offer me advice or words of wisdom to get through the time leading up to the surgery? Also, if anyone can send me before & after photos that they did not put up here, I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

Did you end up going through with the surgery? I am scheduled with Dr. C for May 2nd. He is going to fix my deviated septum along with the rhinoplasty.

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! I know that going under is scary, especially when you haven't done it before, but you'll be surprised at how easy it is. Kind of like a nap where you don't dream.

If you're super anxious, you might as Dr. C. about some anti-anxiety meds to get you through this time.

Looking forward to following your journey and I'd love it if you'd post YOUR before and after pics, too!

White Plains Plastic Surgeon