Depends on Where You Go

I've been having the full brazilian for years,...

I've been having the full brazilian for years, but moved to the Seattle area from Texas recently and had to find a new waxer. Let me tell you, having a good take-it-all-off Brazilian wax requires a waxer with talent, experience, and the right kind of wax.

A good waxer will make you feel like you're there for the most ordinary event in the world, that it is no big deal at all to be spreading warm/hot wax on your undercarriage with a popsicle stick and waiting 30 seconds for the wax to harden to then tear the hair out.

The waxer I go to now is terrific - she's from Brazil, for real, and absolutely adores her job. You'd have to love it to do it well, really. The first one I went to in West Seattle was incredibly painful and generally miserable to be around. And slow, which is very bad.

Don't go for a wax with a hangover or PMS. Leave your inhibitions at the door. And if you're worried about looking like a little girl, or that it will look weird somehow, get over it. It grows back in a couple of weeks.

I've found taking 3 advil/tylenol beforehand helps too. Glad you found someone you like.

Lucy the Wax Diva, at Salon Tewl