My Breasts - Scotland

I opted to have a preventative double mastectomy...

I opted to have a preventative double mastectomy with reconstruction surgery after finding out I carry the faulty brca1 gene. It has been a long emotional road to which I am nowhere near the end but I dont regret it one bit. I chose reconstruction with implants but I have just had one removed due to infection, I have found this devastating but it will be fixed in the future with a new impant after I heal properly. I am currently in hospital after having it removed today so emotionally I am drained but I still know I made the best decision to get rid of what I called 'my ticking time bombs'.

At home

Well its been a week to the day since I had to have my left breast implant removed due to infection, im still a bit sore and emotional
Even though I know it was the right and only decision its still really hard to deal with, I havent really been out the house since I got home but I will have to next week as my partners back to college and I need to do thd school runs, I have a 'comfy' that goe into my bra so nobody can tell the difference, but I know and thats what im trying to deal with, I dont feel confident or ready to post pictures of it at the moment but maybe in due course.
miss elaine anderson, western general hospital

I have a very highly experienced breast surgeon who I have every faith in whom I know will give me beautiful breasts at the end of this long road.