Tummy Tuck - Westchester, NY

Dr. Neal Goldberg and his staff were extremely...

Dr. Neal Goldberg and his staff were extremely profession and knowagable. Dr. Goldberg explained all the options available to me for a tummy tuck. I had a mini-tummy tuck with lipo and some muscle repair. I had the procedure in the surgical suite at Dr. Goldbergs office. The surgical nurse was very caring. The anastesialogists was excellent. Very experienced and it put me at ease. I feel the anastesiologists credentials are the most important. The porcedure was 4 hours and I went home and hour after the procedure was complete. Pain has been very minimal. I took pain meds the first day but havent needed it since. i have a drain and i am slightly bent but its getting better everytime i stand up. I had a family member help me the first day but didnt really need any help. so far I am very happy with my decision and Dr. Goldberg.

day 4

day 4 - feeling gross becuase you cant shower till you have drain and bandages removed. I manged easily though carefully take a light shower with hose and clean inportant areas while keeping compression garment and incision area dry. felt great. less and less is draining which is a good sign. Key to good healing is plenty of water. Even though going to the bathroom can be a drag in the begining but it really does make a huge difference in your recovery. If you are considering doing this sugery be sure to order at least 2 compression garments when you have to wash the other. very happy with my decision and look forward to showing off the results

Day 11

Feeling great! Was able to shower fully without binder! Haha hung my drain grenade on soap dish n managed just fine. My tummy already looks amazing. Incision is healing beautifully. About 3 months before procedure I started taking 5,000mg of biotin daily for healthier hair but I think it has definitely assisted in my skin healing so well. Of course, you should listen to guidance u get from ps about stopping all meds n supplements before and after surgery. I stopped taking all supps 2 weeks prior to surgery n started right after with. Biotin again. Again I encourage lots if water before n after. I'm still swollen but the difference is very noticeable. Because of compression garment under my clothes people don't notice te change but I look smaller even with the added bulk of garment! Looking forward to trying to get back to gym even if it's walking on treadmill! Will start in earnest again on Monday which will be exactly 2 weeks post op. still releasing about 40 cc of fluid daily in drain so it won't be coming out today will have to wait till Monday. That's fine because I'd rather my body tell me when it time. But Monday should be the day because u can't leave drain in beyond 2 weeks. Ps says length of drain is extended most likely because I have only one drain rather than two. Good news is it looks like I didn't get a dog ear. Woohoo compliments to ps skilled surchering technique! Will try n post again soon n pics r coming

2 weeks later

Today I reached the 25cc mark for fluid release in a 24 hr period! Woohoo out comes the drain. Was a lil nervous thought it would hurt. Laid on exam table out in two secs n not a bit of discomfort. Can't say enough good things about dr Goldberg. Really did a magnificent job. I go back for another follow up next week and i will get photos he took before so i can share. I'm Also back at gym doin very light workout. Walking in treadmill with 6 incline for 30 minutes n light dumbbells to get a lil sweat. Workout with a Spanx garment. Not too bad. All my buddies at the gym said boy u've slimmed down! They couldn't believe what a difference when I told them and how fast I recovered. Also. One of the girls shared that her relAtive used dr Goldberg n what great work he does!!! I have the cleanest most seamless incision. And absolutely no dog ear. Def the ps but also lots of fluids during recivery period. I can't wait to wear my bikini and show off my beautiful flat tummy! Do it what r u waiting for!!! Love love love the results! Pics soon I promise. Thankful I don't have the granade drain anymore
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Dr. GOldberg and his staff were excellent. Laura the office manager gave me her personal cell number in case I had any questions before porcedure. I couldnt be happier with the whole experience.

can't wait to see your photos! thanks for writing, what is the difference between mini and regular full tummy tuck? is it just skin and fat removed, and no muscle plication? but you did mention "some" muscle repair. where? i am very interested to know this for myself.
I did have some plication in the center but dr didnt have to go that high. a mini tummy tuck has about 1/2 the incision line. no hip to hip cut. cut is usually very low on bikini line and the belly button isnt recreated. I kept my belly button but he floated it down about 1/2 inch. recovery is not neary as long and I have really no pain at all. only took two of the pain killers that were prescribed. incision is sore but no pain. I had an epideral for the procedure and no eneral anestesia. will post pics when healed
fabulous! your recovery is going so well! how did your doc know you only needed muscle plication in the center and not up the entire way??? or did he only know that during surgery?i am in process of thinking about this, and want to look at my options, since i am not very bulgy.would love to see before and after pics! are you happy?
yes, recovery is going very well so far. had to sneeze and that was the most painful experience part so far. try and avoid all sneezing and coughing if possible. well your surgeon should make you do a crunch move and see if you really need plication. i go to the gym 4-5x's a week so im pretty fit. i only had an annoying fold that would sit on my belt when i sit. people think i was crazy but im a bikini person and wanted my tummy to match the rest of my body. after 3 kids the loose skin and pouch just wouldnt go away. i consulted with 3 different ps and a good one will tell you all the options available to you. if you dont need a full no ps should recommend one. if they do go find another one. i feel when they are not as skilled on the latest porcedures they will recommend what they know and no necessarily what you really need to achieve your desired results. my pc knew what his area needed placition during my comsult. think of it as what old nose jobs looked like. one size fit all was the porcedure everyone recieved but that is not true today. and ps who dont have up to date skills or dont specialize in tummys will namy times give the one size fits all approach. a good plastic surgeon should be able to costomize what you are looking to achieve.
Well day 10 and I've been back to work 2 days already. I feel great! Went for follow up visit and drain was not ready to come out yet. Dr said I can take full showers and my pits finally met a razor! Thank God! When ps undid dressing! We were both so surprised!!! He said its a home run! He said the key to a successful tummy tuck is a successful prognosis! In other words, make sure your ps knows what the est technique is for your diaries achievement! I can't believe how flat n beautiful my belly looks! Cannot stress enough that I feel a lots of water in key to your skin shrinking and overall recovery! At work when I sit with the compression garment there is a space now where fat used to be! Woohoo! A drain an stay in up to 2 weeks n if the output is over 50cc a day u should wait till it drops below 25cc. The remainder the body will expel naturally! I hit the 25cc mark today n will have drain out on Friday (tomorrow) looking forward to it! Then I will slip into a full torso Spanx type of garment which the longer it's worn the more results u get! So so so happy with my decision! I encourage dr Goldberg to check out realself as I found it a great source for everything Women!!! All q&a at your finger tips! He has answered questions before and that is how I found him! Great dr! Great office !
Congrats on a successful surgery!
thank you!